ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the difference between..........????

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
My clio (02 plate 1.6 16v dynamique) and a clio sport, body wise???

From what I have been told previously the front wings are wider, and it has a slightly wider track

Was thinking of giving my car a slightly more agressive look with some CS bumpers (dont worry I'm not gonna start badging it up as a sport etc, am just a bit bored with it looking so standard!!) which I'm told the front bumper fit without the arches if I flex the bumper slightly, can anyone confirm this???? and that the rear bumper will fit straight on????

Also can anyone confirm if the wider track the CS has is soley down to a different offset on the wheels, or are there anydifference in the suspension etc

Any help greatly appreciated guys

Cheers
Budj:cool:

Black 172 Sport
Hi fella, the back bumper will go straight on but the front as far as i know won't. You will need the CS front wings, then you will need to get the side skirts as these follow the slant of the bottom part of the CS wing. I'm planning on doing the same but i need to get the wings and skirts aswell. As for the rest i'm not sure mate, sorry.

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
Cheers mate, was wondering if I might need the skirts as well

anyone shed any light on the question about the wider track???

cheers

Budj16v said:
Cheers mate, was wondering if I might need the skirts as well

anyone shed any light on the question about the wider track???

cheers
You can bodge the fornt bumper to fit I think its Dutty on here did it but for the proper 172 look you need the wheel archs.
You need the side skirts to make the arches look right but someone on the forums sells 172/182 look alike side skirts if you don't want.

You need to use 172/182 arch liners to make the aches fit or else accept that the arch liners won't fit fully or just get rid of the arch liners and underseal the car.

172/182 are wider (its a list of parts but none will fit your car unless you chnage to a 172 engine and box. the parts are driveshafts hubs shocks wishbones and driveshafts) if your using the 172 arches one fix it to use spacers to push the wheel sout so they wheels don't look like there tucked right back in the arches.

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
Cheers edde, didnt think it would be quite as easy as just changing the wheels, mite keep her the way she is and save for the CS, I like the fact that everyone looks at it and assumes its a 1.2 clio, then get really puzzled when they have problems getting past it lol, mite even get 1.2 side badges for it at some point!!