ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the damage? (whats likely to need replacing?)

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
So, some of you know I just bought a lovely RB R27. When i purchased it the steering wheel was a little off to the right and so I agreed to knock off a little money to have it aligned.

Took it for the alignment today and the right hand rear wheel is toeing out by 30 minutes. There is a small scuff on the bodywork and a chunk out of the wheel (all been touched up).

The wheel is straight, but something is bent. Whats likely to be bent? How am I best going about repairing this?
John

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
There is no visible damage from under the car. Everything looks in order. He spun the wheel around with the laser (alignment) still connected and it didn't make any difference. The toe value didnt change.

I am hoping its the stub axle. I'm praying its not the beam.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I have attatched a copy of the alignment sheet. Would it be a bodge if I used a shim on the arm thats out. I was thinking perhaps a 30 minute shim to bring the toe back in. Would that work, or is it a rough repair?

Attachments

• Alignment..pdf
    883 KB · Views: 46

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's rough and you damn well know it is.

If it's bent you throw it in the bin and stick a new one one, it's not like it's a f**king Ferrari and the arms cost a kings ransom!!