ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the cure for the 4k rattle?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Is it caused by the the exit pipe from the cat? How is it fixed?

Cheers

Rick

172 Cup
Not built on a budget of 3 magic beans to start with.

Simply put aftermarket are much better quality.

Thanks. So its wear and tear thing on the pap renault one then. Think I'll look into an aftermarket jobbie.

make sure you get a proper one though at the right bore - see my thread on loosing my 5k kick

my advice - use Fred (Yossersport) or Charlie from prospeed - tried and tested

unfortunatly it seems like some of the normal "custom exhaust" places no fuckall about exhausts and you'll end up paying a s**t load more in the longrun

172 Cup
I've had 4 centre sections replaced by Renault in 4 years of 172 (172 and Cup) ownership.

Most people on here have had the same problem at some point. Could be wear and tear and/or crap design to start with.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I've had the problem with the centre section too. Unfortunately as i have a decat renault won't replace it under warranty and wanted £250 for a new one!!! No way in hell i'm paying that so i've opted for a blueflame!

TDI tyre shreader
mine has been rattling for ages, i dont want a standard one again so im left with an aftermarket one, but i dont want a loud exhaust so am abit stuck really

Jones said:
mine has been rattling for ages, i dont want a standard one again so im left with an aftermarket one, but i dont want a loud exhaust so am abit stuck really
You can get them made as noisy or quiet as you want from Prospeed.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I had the 4k rattle for the last 40k miles, but not anymore.

I went for a K-tec Stealth, which is as quiet as most things out there when you want it to be, but it still howls at high rpm under full load.

Still got the 5k kick too...all in all, very happy :)

MarkCup said:
I went for a K-tec Stealth, which is as quiet as most things out there when you want it to be, but it still howls at high rpm under full load.

Still got the 5k kick too...all in all, very happy :)

Yep, might go for one of those. Sounds like a good idea, although I wouldn't mind a pipe out the back...

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I've got this rattle now in my 53 172.

Is this replaceable under warranty?

Will they try to palm me off and say it's wear and tear?

How can I tell them that it is a warranty fix?