ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the best way to fix this scrape?

RB Clio 182 Cup
Does it need a respray of the whole bumper to match properly or can it be partly done, there's also some similar damage right on the edge of the wheelarch that isn't in this pic.

I considered smart repair but consensus seems to be they will be crap? Neighbour that did it is paying but not inclined to make her pay for a whole respray if it's not needed.

th_2012-09-08180421.jpg

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
From what I'm lead to believe...RB and LY are two really difficult colours to blend. So the smart repair person could be the best there is...but the problem is for 1 perfect person there are hundreds of inferior people. Even a respray (done at a crap place) might not have desired effect! :(

RB Clio 182 Cup
Ah I didn't know RB was considered hard to blend, I think I'm too scared to do a smart repair without a few good references from those in the know.

DB.

BMW 440i
If they are offering to pay for a panel to be resprayed though, saves any hassle of being knocked down on price come resale time!

As FM said, most of it will polish, bar the black bit on the right hand side. Can't really tell what the arch damage is like without pics.

Get it sprayed properly at a bodyshop. You don't need to worry about colour not matching, if they're both fairly small areas of damage they won't be colouring up anywhere near any other panels.

Clio 182
All of the red looks like paint from the other car. Just get a bit of T cut and some polish on and it will look much better.

RB Clio 182 Cup
I know it will look a lot better if I Tcut off the red paint but it's still going to leave a gouge out of the paint that I want fixed since it wasn't my fault. Going to go see a couple of bodyshops see what they say, wanted some thoughts first though.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
cat c :dapprove:

it looks like the pinker part (left) will polish out, but the right bit would need spraying... see if someone on here with a rotary will come see if they can sort some of it out for you?

Clio RS200 FF
Please don't use t-cut. It's not a great polish and is very agressive. Something as light as AutoGlym SRP will lift that, the black looks like transfer too to be honest so it may well come off as well. If you were close to me I'd have offered to have a look for you but northern Ireland is a tad out of the way for you.

Phase 1 172, boxster
As most people have said most of it will polish out as it's mainly paint transfer, if it has gone through to the plastic, a decent bodyshop would be able to do half the bumper and fade out into the other half :) please do not use smart repair as they will only make it worse!!

pimp mobile Zafira
I'd try polish it out like already suggested and see where you go from there. As an example I was quoted £100 for a full bumper spray by a good body shop. They would need the car for 3 days though. Where as a smart repair through a decent repairer (there are some out there) would be around the £130 mark to sort that and would be done in about an hour.

Where as a smart repair through a decent repairer (there are some out there) would be around the £130 mark to sort that and would be done in about an hour.

No there aren't. Nobody who paints a car outside under a gazebo is a decent repairer. Ever.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
One day we'll have a bodyshop section in here and i'll ask for people giving out bad advice to be banned!

Unreal sometimes! Lols at the Gazebo though! ;)

inferno 182.
Bodyshop section here!;) Rb not a problem mate! straight colour and easy to blend! A local repair can be done there and you never know! like said before most of that looks like it will polish out!