ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the benefit from fitting a PH1 172 air box on a 182??

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Friend of mine did consecutive RR runs with the two and this was the result on his trophy:

Quick update, Been over at RSTuning today to have it on the RR.

Did 2 separate runs one with the Ph1/v6 box the other with the ph2 airbox. There's no difference in it, Ph1 airbox has less low down torque but 1 bhp more vs the Ph2. So the Ph2 is back on.

Car made: 178.5bhp < Ph2 setup

and 179.6bhp < PH1 Setup

Also found out the car has a map on it, no idea what map but it revs to 7.5k

Figures are with the above map and a decat back scorpion rs192.

There was slightly more torque (1-2 ft-lb) lower down with the Ph1 box, but you wouldn't buy it for that reason. Sounds much better though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fit an up rated panel filter and remove the air feeds to the standard air box. Plenty of noise, looks standard and no heat soak. Very cheap too.

(For the lols, remove the feeds, and the air filter then go up a dual carriageway, the noise is insane! Lol)

Range Rover Sport
I swapped from the Ph2 airbox to the Ph1 version.

For the sake of £50 I thought it's a nice little upgrade. Doubt there is much if any performance gains but like I say for £50 it sounds a little better and dare I say I think the tube box design looks better than the square type design.

Clio 182
Ah right. Sooo ill just panel filter it. The noise of the induction on the Williams is properly loud I dont want that again for a daily driver.
So this 178-179bhp is this at fly or wheels?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah right. Sooo ill just panel filter it. The noise of the induction on the Williams is properly loud I dont want that again for a daily driver.
So this 178-179bhp is this at fly or wheels?

Its a guess of flyhweel based on a much lower value measured at the wheels, of approx 151-152 I would imagine.

178 @ Wheels would require either forced induction or throttle bodies and cams realistically. (or just a roller that chats nonsense)

Clio182
I hated the sound with my airbox pipes removed. With my Remus exhaust it sounded like the exhaust was too big at low revs with any kind of load. It sounded cheap and nasty like a civic with a 3" fart cannon. Once up to speed it was fine, but it made me cringe every time.

Vw caddy tdi
Its perfect for the job really as above fit a panel filter get some caf ducting revs much more freely. The stay cold ducting coupled with decent panel filter made huge improvment on my old ph1 almost standard sounding until WOT ITS ALIVE!

FF Clio 182
eqeruqyt.jpg

This is mine :)