ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats quicker

black ph2 172
hi my mate has just bought a honda integra type-r (1.8 v-tec) ,and he is adament that it as alot faster then my 172 ph2 clio, ive been in it and it dosent seem any faster and i thought clio 1*2's are about the same as the civic type r (2.0 vtec) so shouldnt the clio be quicker.
anybody raced one of these,
i dont really want to race him as he is a pretty bad driver,(all speed, no control if you know what i mean)
thanks gareth:)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well if you beleive what EVO mag say then the teg will hit 60 in 6.2 your clio will do it in 7 seconds.

They make 187bhp @ 8000rpm

Alot of people would have you beleive that its a far superior car and all that jazz but to be honest mate if he doesnt dance across those pedals quickly then whose to say he wont make the car shift as quickly as you or the other way around.

.8 seconds isnt even a snap of the fingers, this sounds like a penis extension race tbh...

The problem you have with the VTEC unit is that you have to keep the revs over and above 5500 to make the thing move!
I reckon he would have you on the track but thats neither here nor there

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The Integra will be quicker, he's right. Not by much, but he is right.

And it handles better too.

I'm afraid you're wrong.

His DC2 will also be quicker than the newer Civic R (EP3) too. It's not all about capacity and power.

182 Cup
...alot faster...

No. Will be down to the driver, not much in it at all. I've only ever come across one on the road where conditions have allowed a decent run. It was over a roundabout then onto a nice tight left onto a motorway sliproad. I pulled away a few feet, but I'm pretty sure I took a better line through the corner.

Nice cars though - I think they're really nice.

black ph2 172
i really like them too it ould be good to find out whats quicker, just have to wait untill nxt time where at santa pod

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
The dc2 integra is much quicker than a 1*2 and is one of the best hot hatches around, the uk spec isn't much quicker but a 98 spec jdm is defo faster and is one of the best handling front driven cars in the world.

my mate has a dc2 and its quicker than my cup and my ctr was a little bit quicker than my cup too.

182 Cup
Admittedly I've got a 182, but I ran a 15 dead at Santa Pod when it was standard. The Clio doesn't seem anything special in the clip imo.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Mabye that was another car i heard in the vid lol, it does look wet and the r are terrible car to launch in the dry never mind wet!

A SHED!
having owned a dc2 i would say its down to the clio tbh....i raped certain clio 182, cups,and ctrs. However, there was a black 182 that was on my ass once and i couldnt shake him so who knows? The integra is raw whereas I found the ctr too soft. I feel a good driver in a 172 could keep up with a bad integra driver. However, with the right driver the integra is pretty much as good as it gets for a fwd. Amazing handling. :)

182 Cup
Mabye that was another car i heard in the vid lol, it does look wet and the r are terrible car to launch in the dry never mind wet!

That's not wet, it's at Santa Pod - the surface looks like that because it's very smooth and they put some sort of glue on it for grip.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Our PH1 172 was defenetly quicker than a DC 2 around croft, with Barron at the wheel. :D

having owned a dc2 i would say its down to the clio tbh....i raped certain clio 182, cups,and ctrs. However, there was a black 182 that was on my ass once and i couldnt shake him so who knows? The integra is raw whereas I found the ctr too soft. I feel a good driver in a 172 could keep up with a bad integra driver. However, with the right driver the integra is pretty much as good as it gets for a fwd. Amazing handling. :)

Something to tell the grandkids that init mate lol

Does it matter if its faster or not really?

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
An intergallactic space shuttle would batter both of those cars.

If I had the choice now I'd have an Integra Type R any day over the 182. The Integra is supposed to be the best and most rewarding FWD car out there.

Ph1
My mate had a DC2 and when mine was running a dodgy SMT6 at the time with bhp at 180ish there wasnt a thing in it. Dead level all the way.

Standard Clio vs the DC2, DC2 has the edge but not by much.

Think the best my mate could get on the quarter was 14.9, stock Clio's run just over 15's

Turbo LY R27
Good thing the 197 is the better one out of both these cars!! :eek: :rasp:

R27 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:approve:

A SHED!

Something to tell the grandkids that init mate lol

Does it matter if its faster or not really?

As long as ya have fun it doesnt matter which is faster! ;)

Black Gold Trophy
The integra is probably a better made car, but they are way too much considering how old they are... plus you still have to live with owning a honda :dead: