ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats quicker v6 or 182

In short without arguement depends on mods. However as previously stated totally different cars. I know what I would rather drive!

bloody hell is this stupid thread still going:p looks like we might get to 10 pages after all then?

now let me see, V6 255 at Spa or shopping trolley 182 at Spa, errrm, V6 would WIN everytime ..... 182 is better for shopping though.....lol;)

Simon.

sorry just keeping the flaming going.....lol

182cup

Cant fit any shopping in the v6 + most supermarkets are reached on roads with bends so the 182 has been and gone before you even get there :p

The fact is the V6 needed 350bhp from the off, they got it correct with the looks but its just all show no go IMHO.

It could have been so much more, well thats how i see it.

Quote: Originally posted by stu8v on 14 August 2005

The fact is the V6 needed 350bhp from the off, they got it correct with the looks but its just all show no go IMHO.

It could have been so much more, well thats how i see it.

Well I do agree with that, but the fact is its still faster than a std 182. has more power to weight and 100mn more torque, comon sense really.....

but, yeah it should have been 350bhp at least.

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 14 August 2005

Except the car cant handle that much power without killing the average owner.

Yeah but I aint average and dont want an "Average" car....lol;)

have fun......:D

Simon.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Mike T on 14 August 2005
Im still alive!

LMAO I was going to say that.

I was spared long enough to have another try in a MK2 :)

Why dont you all just organise a Renault Sport track day, 172s, 182s and V6s.

Get video cameras hooked up and someone video taping from the track side then well see what cars are faster.

I think I have a video courtesy of Telford Mike that proves the different sides of this thread. I know that during the space of the day I had to make way for a couple of the faster 182s at Oulton Park but it was my first track day and I didnt feel like examining the grass my first time out. This aside Mikes video shows me passing the pit wall followed by 4 182s and I am moving considerably quicker than they are. As my final note for this thread, who cares what is quickest, be happy with your cars and have a good day!!

Think statement twice as much petrol, is an exaggeration! :cry:I had 25.2mpg showing on the trip computer after 250 miles, upto Castle Combe and back on Sat. Lucky if you got that out of a 182!:oops:

[Edited by dave182 on 8/15/2005 1:36:13 PM to remove speed]

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by hog1 on 15 August 2005
Think statement twice as much petrol, is an exaggeration! :cry:I had 25.2mpg showing on the trip computer after 250 miles, upto Castle Combe and back on Sat. Lucky if you got that out of a 182!:oops:

[Edited by dave182 on 8/15/2005 1:36:13 PM to remove speed]

you wouldt be lucky if you had that MPG out of a 182 you would be unlucky, for a run like that in a 182 you are looking at well over 30mpg, but you are right twice as much is an exageration on the road, on a track though it was scary what Jeremy got in his V6 at oulton, something like 9mpg wheras i couldnt get mine less than around 16-18 IIRC

Clio 200

id say the v6 was underpowerd. It certainly looks like it has more power then it does. I looked at one when getting my scooby. For a weekend car it would be the v6 for sure, but if your using it daily, then a 182