ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats Quicker 1.4 8V or 1.2 16V

6/468 17poo
quicksilvers weigh alot less but 16v's are pretty nippy, id go for a new 1.216v less chav attention!!have alook on parkers for stats!i would have thought it would be pretty even

Audi TT 3.2 V6
both engines push out a whopping 75bhp. all goes down to torque and overall weight of the car i guess.

HAZ 17
How do i post pictures people, it doesnt seem to let me load them up, just wanna put some pics up of my clio on FK's see what ya all think

goto photobucket.com then upload them, get the image location(right click and properties) and paste between

Chocolate Bar™
id prob say the clio would feel quicker higher end, but the pug would get up a hill faster :clown:

mine would win of course ;)

Chocolate Bar™
clios 0.02 secs quicker 0-60 ;)

ultimatly its down to the driver, the stats are so close

1.2 16v clio
according 2 parkers quiksilver is 0.2 secs faster 0-60 and 3 miles an hour faster but its higher insurance by 2 groups its abit chavy its got a lil less miles 2 the gallon. depends on ur cash flow cos quiksilvers are older so u can get 1 cheaper fink about the interior and all the extras in there. id personally go for the clio. mines a 1.2 16v and its pretty fast for wot it is

Chocolate Bar™
^that just proves how close it is, i got the 0-60 times the other way round on another site lol

Chocolate Bar™
why exactly are the pugs group 5? g/fs 1.4 16v Corsa SXi is only a group 4 and thats got 95 bhp. Makes you wonder how insurance companies work these things out

Audi TT 3.2 V6
there we go then both cars are equally slow.

i can confirm that ina traffic light grand prix my clio 1.2 16v mk2 ph2 cained a corsa 1.2 16v sxi twinport. maybe i just got a better start but i pulled away from the corsa nicely...before i get told off...he started it by revin his engine at me, so i reved to 2k, clutch lifted slightly ready to go....lights hit green....and were off hehe

i do not condone racing motor vehicles on public roads cough cough

quicksilver

1.4 8v 75bhp
light alloy engine
light car
more torque than a 1.2
will have more useable low down power than a 16v
and easier to get power out of.. can get them to liek 85bhp relatively simply.
quiksilvers are GTI look a likes
look alot better than a boggo base model 1.2

gti looks, and more 'desirable' will make them be higher insurance too.

1.6 16v clio priv
I'd say the 16 v will have more torque and the 1.4 will have more top end bhp. of course the extra torque wont make a difference if its heavier. Get the torque firgures and the weight for both cars. Divide the weight by the torque and this will give you a value, the higher the value the faster the car will be off the line. Then you have to take into account things like gear ratios and rolling radius of the wheels and all the other technical rubbish that i could tell you stuff all about, but it will give you a rough idea cause hopefully in both these terms the cars will be very similar.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol could well have been the k&n...i was also in go kart mode....1/8 tank left hehe

i used to have a 1.4 8v 206 before getting my 1.2 16v clio...clio defo feels more responsive, more powerful, and pulls to a ton alot quicker and with less effort.

1.6 16v clio priv
Then you could do what ive done and get a 1.6 16v looks exactly the same as a 1.2 and the 1.2 being the most common everyone assumes its the 1.2. The amount of times an idiot in a 1.1 saxo decides he wants to overtake so i put my foot down and he has to pull in. I piss myself laughing

bigmonmulgrew said:
Then you could do what ive done and get a 1.6 16v looks exactly the same as a 1.2 and the 1.2 being the most common everyone assumes its the 1.2. The amount of times an idiot in a 1.1 saxo decides he wants to overtake so i put my foot down and he has to pull in. I piss myself laughing

but thats nothing to do with this thread so anyway. moving on.

i could w*nk on about having a 1.0 106 with 1.6 and nitrous and when some idiot in a 1.6 clio tried to overtake he got left for dust stood there looking like an idiot wishing he had a 172 so he could at least attempt to keep up. lol but it wouldnt make my internet penis any larger in this thread. lol

russ - 206's arent the smallest lightest of things..

Last edited:
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
GuyS said:
but thats nothing to do with this thread so anyway. moving on.

russ - 206's arent the smallest lightest of things..

yeah there is the weight difference, didnt think about that.

over the 1.6 i did look for one but i was gettin silly insurance quotes on them. wouldnt mind getting a 1.4 engine dropped in if its relitively simple transplant. would give me close to 100bhp....but yeah were goin of track now so ill hush

HAZ 17
Alright then people so think we can agree that both cars would be very evenly matched!? Whats the best was to get a bit more power out of a 1.2 16V then without doing any major mods? Pannel filter? Exhaust?

Chocolate Bar™
i've got a viper, sports cat and stealth system on mine, and makes the world of difference, alot smoother throughout all the revs and does seem to pull nicer. For cheaper options, get a panel filter. If you're getting an exhaust for added power think carefully about the make and design of exhaust you get, as some can make the car feel slower (silly dual exit twin pipe jobs mainly)