ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what's next

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
So i was intent on buying a brand new car to replace my 159 and bought an e46 m3 instead (my wife approves shock horror)

So I have some funds spare and decided that I will spend them on the worlds most unreliable clio I already have an old shogun I use for off road so no more room for cars.

Help a brother out and give me ideas on what to do to it.
boost is not an option I don't want to make it even more unrelaible

It's already been painted coilovers sm inlet exhaust wheels tyres suspension refresh it looks how I want it cosmetically and has recaros and don't want my rear seats out or a cage.
Pms top mounts and brace and a quafie diff are ordered

So what is left to improve it ?
Cams ? Ecu ? Whiteline ?
I would leave the cash in a fund for next time it breaks but it will get spent on shite (I have 4 kids my wife 3 money never lasts long)

Thanks

BG Clio 182
197 callipers are a massive improvement. Have you sorted brackets, retaining clips and pads? You'll also need some new discs. 300mm Is the way forwards as won't need the callipers machining.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I have the callipers braided lines and the fitting kit,
I'm going for 300mm I was going to get brackets from pms unless there was a set on here for sale pop up in the next few days.

It's the which disc and pads to get that I'm stuck at.

BG Clio 182
Pms brackets are awesome. So we'll made. Mega dear for that they are though.

Talk to George RTR for discs and pads.

I went for 300mm brembo discs and mintex m1144 pads.

The stopping power is absolutely stupid it literally rips off your face, providing your suspension and tyres allow you to fully utilise every inch of your new brakes.

They do lock up incredibly easy, make the car look awesome too.

Even on standard brembo pads you'd have unreal stopping power. Don't go anymore than m1144 in my opinion, that disc and pad combo on a 197 has unreal stopping power, never mind on a 182!

BG Clio 182
d663af54d480f38f31b4120464772d0f.jpg

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
They look awesome my car is black so having them painted red with black stickers
I can get 300mm discs and mintex pads for 100 quid so that's no bad, does the abs not stop the locking up ?
Really looking forward to getting this done I'm just going to order brackets from pms
Any pics with wheel on

BG Clio 182
14acda60614ab7bb2bcb5b82658c20a7.jpg

That is the only picture I have, sorry it's s**t! Haha.

Tbh mate the ABS does f**k all. The power of the brakes seems to overwhelm it haha!

Use anti squeal shims, although I'm sure the pads I used had them on anyway. Copper grease the f**k out of the back of the pads. I used mintex anti squeal grease but it's all the same stuff really.

Mine squealed like f**k until they bedded in and nothing now.