ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's it worth? 172 Cup

Leon Cupra R 225
Right.

My local Renault dealer has a 172 cup coming in 2 weeks time - I have 1st option and am going to get a call the day it arrives... as I requested :cool: lol

Basically I want to know if you think it's a good price or not...

Got no pics but...

It's 52 reg, full renault service history, 1 owner, 37k miles, immaculate grandad condition...

they're going to be putting it up for £6,295...

I've been banging on about cars for £15k as you may know from my other immense thread.. but is this a better option for much less dosh?? I'm thinking Audi TT alot at the mo but they're double the price to be fair.

Like I said, I've got 1st option on it and could have it the day after it arrives in!!

Cup and careful treatment aren't regular used works I wouldn't use that as any guide.

SOunds a bit steap will they give it warently? Its 5 years old as well so needs a cambelt if its not done already which adds up.

Leon Cupra R 225
Nice one edde, I was thinking the same about the cup and careful treatment haha.

Valid point about the cambelt, could get it under 6 easy then if that needs doing. Not sure about the warranty, I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i'll sell you my flame red 51 172 for £5500 and thats had cambelt done.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Full service history, gonna be serviced again soon by yozza (when i book it), done 55k, 100% standard.

Leon Cupra R 225
Full service history, gonna be serviced again soon by yozza (when i book it), done 55k, 100% standard.

Tempted! But my Corsa just isn't selling privately as it's old stylee (v plate) so think I'm going to have to part ex!

fat arctic ! sold yippee!
my cup will be on the forecourt in a few days! its at baldocks of wivelsfield - haywards heath west sussex - no idea of price but its a 53 plate with 21000 on clock and loved and waxed by me all the time i had it , think they are just servicing it before goes on sale - perfect wheels and immaculate inside out - should not of thought it would be any more that the one you have seen

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
  Leon Cupra R 225
my cup will be on the forecourt in a few days! its at baldocks of wivelsfield - haywards heath west sussex - no idea of price but its a 53 plate with 21000 on clock and loved and waxed by me all the time i had it , think they are just servicing it before goes on sale - perfect wheels and immaculate inside out - should not of thought it would be any more that the one you have seen

sounds good matey. might have to look into that if it's about same price! cheers :)

Leon Cupra R 225
thing is, I doubt I'm going to be buying private which most cups are

Check it out . There are traders on there as well . Part exing you'll pay more and lose more on the car you part ex , thats the only downside . But as you say . Your corsas probably not the most desireable so part exing might be your only option .

Yup. Corsa is a 1.6 sport old skool no expense spared, all standard except 3" round ashley zorst, not chavvy loud either! it's annoying because the corsa b has got this chav reputation and it puts ppl right off - but it's been a fooking good car for the money

part ex 99% my only option fella true true

M2 Competition
offer them 5k - that's all it's worth

Its worth more than that. Its posts like this that devalue our cars. Then people moan when they dont sell.

If its at a dealership, ask them to do the cambelt as a condition of sale? Say you'll have it for 6 with the belt done.

Hmmm, massive massive thread on what car for 15k .... or go and buy a 172 cup instead for 6k, hmmmm :eek: :rolleyes:
CS all over lately !

Impreza P1
lol 5k ??????????? hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I sold my Cup 2 months ago with 46k on the clock for £5700 private with out the cam belt being done , 5k what planet are you people on.

Leon Cupra R 225
Hmmm, massive massive thread on what car for 15k .... or go and buy a 172 cup instead for 6k, hmmmm :eek: :rolleyes:
CS all over lately !

look dude - idea of setting the threads up is to get a good overview of what other ppl think..

I'd rather not go blind into buying another car and at least see some form of advice on CS.

I've been looking at Audi TT's today, not quite 6k... ;)

The 6k Cup comes into my local Renault in 1-2 weeks time

Impreza P1
lol not a bad idea fella, but at the end of the day it's going to be your personal choice. I got rid of the Cup after 12 months and bought a scooby and most people advised me not to and said they are kak etc etc and WRX are as slow as electric wheel chairs................ Which is bull and I have had the scooby two months and love it and it's just more refined than the cup.

The Cup was so much fun though mate and cheap to buy but as it went wrong every week not too cheap to run, it fell apart as you drove and rattled and creeked at every corner.

Like I said mate most people advise on here is about as good as a kick in the head;) .

There are some good people on here listen to them but as i said only some.

Leon Cupra R 225
lol not a bad idea fella, but at the end of the day it's going to be your personal choice. I got rid of the Cup after 12 months and bought a scooby and most people advised me not to and said they are kak etc etc and WRX are as slow as electric wheel chairs................ Which is bull and I have had the scooby two months and love it and it's just more refined than the cup.

The Cup was so much fun though mate and cheap to buy but as it went wrong every week not too cheap to run, it fell apart as you drove and rattled and creeked at every corner.

Like I said mate most people advise on here is about as good as a kick in the head;) .

There are some good people on here listen to them but as i said only some.

Someone on my wavelength!! I like it

Cheers for the wise words!

:cheers:

S-Max
unlikely cambelt will have been done, its only half way to the mileage and a year off timewise. Sound steep mate

CS all over lately !

look dude - idea of setting the threads up is to get a good overview of what other ppl think..

I'd rather not go blind into buying another car and at least see some form of advice on CS.

I've been looking at Audi TT's today, not quite 6k... ;)

The 6k Cup comes into my local Renault in 1-2 weeks time

:boring: