ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats goin on!!!!

There seems to be a decided lack of anything new, as in topic subject.

And wheres the tech!

I know loads of people are doing stuff...so keep us informed, unfortunately i have been getting my tech kicks from a pug site!!!!!!!

:eek: Ben, Im shocked! a pug site!

Oh dear, it must be bad round here LoL

Well mate, the list of mods goes on with me, its just getting the time to get them sorted! N2O,T/C,gasflow work - all on the cards..... so, just to keep this on topic - how much N2O do you think I could push on my 172 through a progressive? remembering the headwork - Im trying to get it as near to 200bhp N/A as pos.

BMW 320d Sport

Well were all working hard on our winter projects Ben! What am I doing? Let me see...

turbo conversion

full respray, delocking and smoothing

stripping it and turning it into a 2 seater

chroming and polishing everything

tints

new registration

interior retrim

roll cage, harnesses and bucket seats

BIG brakes

lightweight 17s

blue carpet

new dash

front and rear splitters

quad headlamps

BMW 320d Sport

lol yeah just a few things. I do this every year though, every season it rolls out onto the streets faster and wickeder.

saving up and building my parts up for,

2 litre balanced bottom end,

high lift kent cams and verniers,

flowed head,

lightened flywheel,

new clutch,

HP chip

should be good when finished:)

williams and trophy

yeah im on with avo coilovers and new tyres/wheel refurb lol

mite not be much faster but itll handle a LOT better lol

then with big disc conversion.................then hopefully throttle bodies

There has been a fair amount of stuff Ben. I think you were quiet for a few weeks (no internet connection) when some interesting Engine Management stuff, etc was posted !

BMW 320d Sport

lol ClioJohn, if theres nothing that you thinks interesting, have you thought of trying to post something interesting yourself that other people might want to get involved with? ;)

Lionel Richie

So Nick, whats the plan for next year then???? If, like you say "Faster and wickeder every year" how the hell can you get faster than a 300bhp Turbo Clio??????

this is an interesting theory you have there Nick, start posts myself...its a wild idea...but hey it just might work:) hehe

anyway moff to renault to get this popping exhaust fixed...

tata

NICK:..sheesh!!! i didnt think teaching was such a gold mine!!!

Simon: hows the modded TB? what was done?

Roamer.......on a std block with std management......progresive, i would say a decent 80bhp to keep some safety running in there. Or when you get TBs get a switchable ecu with a console switch to change from a NA map to N20 map!!!! then the limit is probably more than you want to run/can afford in gas LOL. Btw, 200+bhp is only a tb swap away, forget the rest if you want an instant 200+bhp!!! we got 215bhp form a straight swap to throttle bodies with no cam/haed work, but 3d mapped ignition.

WHoooppeeee!!! talk!!!

Clio 197

Well, if I could ever get in touch with Renault Sport, I might get some stuff done to my Willy. Cambelt, engine/gearbox mounts, new suspension, ECU etc.

Problem is getting in touch with the buggers. No response to emails yet and check out the Renault-Sport website. All sorts of neat cars but no way of contacting them! Madness!

My dealer here just doesnt want to know. They told me that they would have to run everything by Controle Technique and it was just too much bother. Did they know how I could get in touch? No! Go to a dealer in Germany of France they said!

What a pain in the arse! Ralliart will sell me virtually anything for my Evo!

It seems Renault have a lot to learn about marketing! Or fo they just care about selling more Espaces?

The ring opens 9 March and I want to be there with a rebuilt car. If I cant get the bits, Im buying something else.

Ben: As you probably know with the std. manifold and throttle body there is not enough material to bore out and increase the diameter for any real gain.

No point putting a bigger throttle body on unless the diameter matches manifold.

The std. manifold is very good for a factory produced item. It is possible to modify it but I was told that it just wasnt worth the cost for a road car to go that route.

However.... Std. butterfly is 3mm thick and therefore this has been worked on to improve flow. Sheppard Racing have done the work and im pleased with the results.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Nick are you planning on fitting some sort of traction control or LSD to your car to help get the power down? And do you know if BB have had any people in for a 2L turbo yet?

320d M Sport

there seems to be a lull on the forum at the mo, I wonder if people are missing your old sparing partner Ben???? ;)

Which one!!??

OH....and incedentally, i posted up all teh contacts for the top ren Sport guys here.....but again...shhh.