ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHATS CHANCE OF AN 18 YEAR OLD ON A R26???

new clio 1.4 16V
I am looking for a car for my 19th birthday and i desperatly want an r26, but the insurance will kill me, do you reckon i will even be able to get my own policy??? I should have 2 years no claims soon (*touch wood)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Of course you will be able to, you will just have to pay through the roof for it.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
better chances getting with this dancer.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why you asking on here, www.tesco.co.uk and use the compare function!

P.S that one actually works unlike go compare, confused etc

Mk4 .:R32
if you can afford a 16-18k car at 19, then you should be able to pay for the insurance. Just bear in mind with it being a performance car you burn a lot more petrol, services cost more, brakes and tyres wear out more quickly.

Ph1 172
if you can afford a 16-18k car at 19, then you should be able to pay for the insurance. Just bear in mind with it being a performance car you burn a lot more petrol, services cost more, brakes and tyres wear out more quickly.

Indeed, you must have a good job
Or are your parents getting it for you?

:eek: I bought a 1977 Fiat 128 for my 18th birthday! Cost me a hundred big ones if I remember correctly. A real beauty if ever there was one.

Yes of course you will be able to get insurance, just expect to pay £3,000 upwards.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
plus the chance of crashing it!! sorry to put you under the same bracket as other 18/19 year old drivers, (but i was one too!)

Mazda MX5
The insurance on my 197 Cup is coming out at 1200 still... Thats while i'm 20 tho, i collect the car on my 21st March the 12th so should come down a lil more...

Currently paying 900 on the MX5...

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
most compaines will not touch you! i remamber paying £1300ish when i was 19 on my 182....

Golf GTI PP Mk7
3k easy mate, they are insurance group 17, and 2.0 turbos.

they are wicked cars, not £3000 insurance wicked though.

new clio 1.4 16V
Yeah i was thinking about 3k, i mean my dad payed £1700 for me on a 1.2 16v for my first car! which i thought was ridiculous, and good point i'd not really thought about running costs much, do you reckon i would be better getting a 182 then, or maybe a 197?