ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats best

Ok i need a new decat, i want an unsilenced stainless steel one, whats best but cheapest?

Induction kit, either bmc or viper which is better? i have a itg panel filter at minute so i want it to be better, not bothered if it only adds 2bhp over my current setup.

Manifold, i have valver manifold on my willy engine so what manifold will give a further increase over the standard valver one?

Remap, where can i goto get a cheap but good remap? must be somehwere near yorkshire!

Cheers!

Valver is the best manifold really.

Induction, Hill Power probably.

DeCat - any piece of pipe the right size and fitament.

Remap - dunno, but Im going to say HillPower and you can pick up an induction kit at the same time.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Id not bother with the remap or manifold...just get a de-cat, strip it and save for cams and then re-map.

well i was thinking of an smt6/7 (whats difference) and then gettin it remapped again at a later date, will be a while before i can afford cams.

Isnt the hillpower an open filter? surely would be prone to heat soak if it is. i want either viper or bmc because they are enclosed and get purely cold air. unless there is another filter out there tht outperforms them even if by 1bhp! i want to squeeze everything out of it.

The decat i want has to be good quality, the last one just snapped, wasnt stainless steel was very flimsy so i want a good strong one but cheap!

Is there not a gain at all with say a supersprint manifold? either torque or bhp?

Lightened flywheel? where can i get one

surely tht filter cant perform very well if there isnt any cold air going to it, there wont be alot of cold air there surely. it glows lol could be worth some money :p lol.

why is there no point in doing the flywheel? the lighter flywheel will reduce transmission loss and increase power at the wheels so how can it be pointless?

All a lightened flywheel will do will is make the engine rev more freely so pick up will be better....it wont really increase power or reduce transmission lose. Still worthwhile doing if youve got the cash and are messing about in that area anyway.

As for the filter...its sitting in the scuttle so shielded from any hot air...cant really do much better IMO...itll pull cold air through the scuttle panel.

ok cheers ppl, i want as much performance as i can squeeze out the bloody thing with little mods before goin for cams and headowrk etc. i want the viper because its enclosed and gives a nice roar and meant to give an increase over standard.