ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats a good mid-range tyre

1.5dci
Need two new rear tyres asap really, last time i needed two new fronts I asked at the garage what mid-range they recommended and ended-up getting Marshal MATRAC FXMU11's, which seem good, but only ever had budget tyres before so haven't got anything to compare them with!
Should i try and get the same ones on the back, or are there any better ones for the money, I mainly want long wear and good grip (as I tend to take a few corners a bit fast!) Also need 185/55/15 although i remember being told about changing to 195/55/15 iirc once, would changing be any better, or is it best to stick with the original size?

Oh just to make this post a bit longer, any know a good place around Bath for tyres, was gonna ring Bathwick tyres later, but any other places?

Thanks

1.5dci
Toyo. Camskill. 24hr deleivery and cheapest on the web.

how easy is it then to get fitted, and what extra cost am i likely to incur for fitting and balancing and stuff?
Want to go to a decent place really had 6 months of the worst fitted tyres ever last year, ended up having to go and get the sides all re gummed as was refilling them 2 twice a week!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
£20-30 from experience. Can't help on where you'd go locally. I know the bafoon at kwikfit so he does mine, and he knows i'll put him in the machine if he scraches my wheels...

Just keep an eye on them and make them aware of the fact that the wheels are in good nick!!

1.5dci
ah just seen delivery monday to friday, that'd mean i'd need to wait until atleast next saturday... I'll check whats left on mine, but will be doing a few hundred miles before then, so might be a bit late this time! the wear marker is flush with teh tyre, and not sure how far the markers worn down.

are these the ones though: http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=1661

1.5dci
Just keep an eye on them and make them aware of the fact that the wheels are in good nick!!

Good idea, the rears are better than the fronts, although they aren't great anyway! Got a few hundred off the price when i bought it because of the state of the alloys and the rear bumper, just never got around to getting them re-done... half fancy trying a diy job before actually getting them professionally done as it *could* save me money

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
yep i have them as well, they are proving to be far more durable than people on here make out. fantastic levels of grip as well.

Fiesta ST-3
toyo's wear quite quickly by all accounts, I had hankooks on my standards before i got turbines... cannot fault them - durable for the price too

1.5dci
what the wear like in terms of mileage, done 16k this year, went through the front budget tyres in about 5k and the rears have lasted the whole 16k both budget, not sure how much were on them before I got them though!

as long as i can get a year out of them then it'd ok, i guess. Not sure what they should be doing, my last car i did about 5k a year max i think, only replaced the set once in the 3 years!