ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats a cup200...

EP3 Civic Type R

Saw one at York about a month ago... what is it? limited edition cup or something? never heard of anything like it before.. imagine it flies !

190 BHP Willy 2

I think its the "famous" Lad conversion. Supposedly 200bhp.

(but in real life nowhere near)

Its as standard Clio Cup a tunning company called LAD tunned and sold though the normal dealerships.

Best do a search for LAD though on the forum they got themselves a bit of a repuation for claiming more HP than they realy get.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

A LAD 200 cup is a blatent lie, the people reckon that they can up the power on the cups to 200bhp but refuse to have their car tested to prove this figure!!! If it was 200 bhp, then wouldnt they want it RRd to prove this, especially if someone else offered to pay for it?
Oops...Alledgedly!!! ;) Dont wanna get sued!

[Edited by donnyo on 22 September 2004 at 8:59pm]

Elise/VX220/R26

do a search I did a bit of digging to try and found out what they actually did to the cars.

Lionel Richie

all they do is skim the head and debur the ports, and they claim headwork!!!!

open induction kit = loose you power

plus if you do any headwork you need to get the ECU remaped to get the most from it, LAD dont touch the ECU!!! and claim 34bhp increase IIRC

We invited them to the Power Engineering Rolling Road day (we offered to pay for the power run), but they wanted FULL expenses ie £800 worth of expenses

think the only person on here stupid/nieve enough to have had the work done by lad had a hefty repair bill shortly afterwards to put right what they f**ked up and wouldnt be held accountable for.

Quote: Originally posted by toonboy on 24 September 2004
gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you muppets why dont you just get one of somebody who has brought one and test that :angry:

My three tests with a lad cup head to head resulted in me having 3 LAD scalps.

Around the track at Bedford, I had another scalp from a LAD cup, who didnt believe that I hadnt had engine work.

:-(

/y0z

Cup200 - mythical creature, and bit like a Unicorn or Mermaid......everyone wants to believe in it, but in reality doesnt exists !

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you muppets why dont you just get one of somebody who has brought one and test that :angry:
No one has ever been on the forum and offered to prove the mods.

There was a member with it but after we questioned the gains and asked about them going to the next local Cliosport RR day they disappeared.

Its not just there LAD200 car which have generated a bit of bad publicity there Saxo and 106 work has got a repuation as well for claiming ore than they get.

Id pay myself for a RR test at a Cliosport day just to rest this once and for all but they refused last time wanting £800 to turn up when Roamer offered to pay.

Lionel Richie

I saw Yozza THRASH a "Cup200" 3 times!!! my mate has one, its quick, but no where near 200bhp quick!!!

My mate was SO pissed off he lost to a std cup LOL!!!