ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's a 1*2 engine worth?

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Basically I was speaking to a chap at a French car breakers about a cam cover off a 172 laying on the floor, I show him mine and he says he has an engine exactly the same, in his words "outta one of these" he proceeds to tell me it's only done 8000 miles :0 and he wants 500 quid for it lol

So my question, does it sound worth it and do you buy it that it's only got 8000 miles on it :/

Ta Jamie

I've been stung too many times by people on here and in breakers, and so have a lot of people I know. Proper proof or leave it.... you might get lucky and get a good one but 75% of the time they are f*cked/mis sold.

Gay Clio 172 phs1
why the fook would you want an 8k engine anyways lol, Your car is still on xxx miles so its rather pointless...

Best thing is to buy as cheap as you can still running and rebuild it. job done.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Mines done 56k now :0 I don't know why I wanted it lol just nice to have a mint engine I spose, but I wouldn't buy it without proof.