ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you rather?

Track 172 & Golf R32
Yo,

Just got round to renewing after a time away from the site with my 106 rallye. Glad im back now tbh!

Sold the rallye before xmas im looking to buy a 172 at the weekend.

Been looking at a couple got 3.5-4k to spend i know its going to limit me a little mileage/age wise but ive seen 2 new ones come on today. what would you rather have?

1) a monaco on a 51 plate 23k miles (defo worth checking i think though) its up for 3k

or

2) an iceburg on a 53 plate with 65k miles for 3.5k

Obviously ive just come from a R reg 98 car with 80k on it so i would probably have a different view on it than others. just wondering what u lot think.

Lew

Track 172 & Golf R32
Service history would wing it for me tbh

Miles are nothing on the F4R, so long that is, its been looked after

The 51 plate with the 23k on it claims to have full renault service history which would usualy mean the renault stealers would have had that cambelt done obviously il confirm that! the 53 plate with the 60odd miles on it has proof of cambelt being changed 10k ago and also claims full service history.

is it more of a novelty thing driving me towards the newer car?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Is there a reason why the 51 plate has such low miles, im suprised its up for 3k tbh.

If the cambelts been done get the low miler, it will be easier to sell on

Track 172 & Golf R32
Im going to investigate that. HPI will show me if theres any discrepancy aswell. Seems a good deal if its legit of course!

Im going to investigate that. HPI will show me if theres any discrepancy aswell. Seems a good deal if its legit of course!

DONT TRUST HPI!!

Ill find you my thread from a week or so back,basically i bought a car that had 70k on the clock,did the HPI check that came out with no discrepancy,then one of the members on here noticed the guys ebay feedback,hed bought a set of clocks for a 172 with 70k on the clock.

I got the v5 number and Registration plate number off him,put it into the online MOT check service which came up as almost 150,000 miles on the clock at the last MOT.

Be carefull,if it looks too good to be true 99 times out of 100 it will be!