ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what wheels for sprinting?

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys

I have searched, but nothing conclusive.

I am after some recommendations for wheels for sprinting.

I have 16 inch Turinis with proxes on at the minute. I want to swap them for 15's and want better tyres anyway. I like the look of the pro race 1.2.

Are any of the wheels better then others? I only have a modest budget, so cant get super carbon fibre etc etc (if that exists).

Ideally lighter the better but will be used as a road car also so dont want them to crumble on the first pot hole (shitty roads all over!)

I will then get tyres from the MSA list 1A, that will be another thread for the best from there!

Thank you!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Why are you using 1a tyres ? If you are running in the standard class you should be on standard wheels, if not then 15” on 1B tyres is the way to go

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
In an ideal world I'd try and fine some OZ Superleggras they are about the lightest 15" wheel you can get without going to Mags, 15" OZ's off a Ph1 are also a good shout quite light but you'll bend them if you like the hitting the kerbs.
But as mentioned above and what I use on my Hillclimb 172 are Team Dynamic Pro 1.2's they are pretty light but very string and come with great brake clearance too if you ever fancy fitting 4 pot Brembos.
Rich