ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What wax and shampoo ?

My shampoo (Chem guys ext wash wax) has ran out and so has my P21's Carnauba Wax.

What do peeps recommend for replacements ?

And where to get them ?

I was happy with the results of the P21's but wouldn't mind trying something else this time.

P.s. My car is a Silver 172FF ;)

I Was looking at Collinitte 476 (i think it was)

Is this any good or is P21's Better ?

My price brackey is about £25-£30 for wax

106 GTi
Looks wise you will struggle to see the individual differences in Carnuba's on Silver. The Collinite will out last the P21s, but is not as easy to use.

Shampoo wise look into Duragloss Wash,

Looks wise you will struggle to see the individual differences in Carnuba's on Silver. The Collinite will out last the P21s, but is not as easy to use.

Shampoo wise look into Duragloss Wash,

Will the collinites be about the same gloss as P21's ?

What you mean mate is harder to use than P21's ?

I used to P21's my 172 every month or so (Wasn't sure how durable it was):S .
Before the P21's was first applied it was SRP'd and EGP'd 3 times. That was about 6 months ago roughly

How often should i be doing it ?

Where will i find that Duragloss Shampoo mate ?

106 GTi
P21s for me looks slightly better.

P21s is so easy on and off, the Collinites don't wipe off quite as easily.

Once a month is ideal for the P21s, once every 6 months is fine for the 3 layers of EGP.

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/ for the Duragloss Shampoo

A well built VW
Duragloss 901 is a top top shampoo lovely smell too.....

Collinite 476 is a very good durable wax especially with winter coming up 2 coats will last a long long time

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
CG - Citrus wash
wax - Dodo Juice - Purple haze (decent results on silver)

Saxo :(
Poorboy's Super Slick & Sud's is a great Shampoo, as for wax I like Dodo orange crush from personal experiance.

Clio MK 4
Is this bad for the paint work?

I put srp , egp and then p21's on my car every 2 weeks. Is that to much?

I've heard dodo juice is really good but a tthe moment im happy with p21's. Only thing i need to change is the shampoo as i use turtlewax and it sucks lol.

CG - Citrus wash
wax - Dodo Juice - Purple haze (decent results on silver)

Cheers matei'll have a look at them. ;)

Anyone else got views on Dodo wax ?

Just looked at Dodo wax purple haze on Clean and Shiny's website Ali and it says its for dark colours.

Would it make a difference using it only silver ?

I'm lost now on what t buy as there is so much choice and i'm now clueless :(

And does anyone know how durable and easy Dodo Wax is to get off ?

And can i apply Dodo wax or Collinites 476 on top of my P21's i already have on car ?

And what kind of microfibres do you's guys recommend for removing wax ?

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Another vote for the Sonus Der Wunders for Wax removal.

Dodo will have to go some to get close to Collinites durability. Either could be applied over the P21s if you don't fancy polishing and/or sealing again first.

Another vote for the Sonus Der Wunders for Wax removal.

Dodo will have to go some to get close to Collinites durability. Either could be applied over the P21s if you don't fancy polishing and/or sealing again first.

Cheers Rich,

Would the finish be just as good ?

How do you reecommend pplying and removing Collinittes ?

DO it a panel at a time ?

106 GTi
Not used any of the Dodo's the finishes do look good in pics, but can't comment myself.

I tend to do, one side of the car and remove, then so on with the other, then the bonnet and tailgate and then the roof.

visualize whirled pe
Duragloss 901 is a top top shampoo lovely smell too.....

Collinite 476 is a very good durable wax especially with winter coming up 2 coats will last a long long time

Yup, just got a 9oz tub and it it leaves a nice, wet glow to the finish while giving great protection and it is good value!!!! Collinite is made in Utica, New York and you know how harsh their winters are.
A good winter protection in my oppinion is AG EGP x2 applications followed by 476 x 2. Failing that get some jetseal 109.
It depends how much time you have to spare / milage etc, you could go for a less protective wax with better looks and reapply more regulary.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Colinites 845 think it is, excellent & lasts.

Shampoo, that stuff 7MAT sells is brilliant.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I can't understand this durability chat, if your interested in your cars and like them to look good, then you'll apply wax weekly or 'frequently'

If you want an easier option try mothers reflection spray wax - I'm happy with it between proper wax's...

visualize whirled pe
I can't understand this durability chat, if your interested in your cars and like them to look good, then you'll apply wax weekly or 'frequently'

If you want an easier option try mothers reflection spray wax - I'm happy with it between proper wax's...

Frequently doing waxing is not really possible if you don't have a garage and it's raining.
If you cant get out to wax the car when it has been raining, for say 1 month or more, you want to know that the paint work is being protected during that harsh period of weather.
You could in that situation buy an awning then spend an hour putting that up just so you can re-apply a wax with inferior durability but that is wasted time imo.

tiTTy & SV650
Ali has a fooking huge heated garage in amongst his many acres of land beside his mansion lol

I don't have a flat driveway or a useable garage and its frustrating at times!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Frequently doing waxing is not really possible if you don't have a garage and it's raining.
If you cant get out to wax the car when it has been raining, for say 1 month or more, you want to know that the paint work is being protected during that harsh period of weather.
You could in that situation buy an awning then spend an hour putting that up just so you can re-apply a wax with inferior durability but that is wasted time imo.

Rich we live in the UK not tyfoon country! It's sheer lazyness not waxin your car! Using the weather as an excuse is pants imo. If it's a dry day, 99% of the time i'll PC and wax outside. I still wash my car in the rain.

Sure i hear ya about durabilty, but i'd rather a hav a wax...and i've got a few now which is easy to apply and easy off which gives amazing results. To one that looks amazing and takes 2hrs to buff off purely on the basis that it lasts 3wks longer! nahhh!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ali has a fooking huge heated garage in amongst his many acres of land beside his mansion lol

I don't have a flat driveway or a useable garage and its frustrating at times!

2 rory! If your goin to get down to the nitty gritty! ;)

Bear in mind my flat doesn't have shettered parking, i even had to use a jet wash/bucket and washmitt when i was in halls! - Needs must!

visualize whirled pe
Oi you cheeky sausage how dare you imply that I am lazy, when did I suggest I don't wax my car? Also it's typhoon not tyfoon, buffoon. ;)

On weekends I'm getting my hands dirty doing up the house, yet I still find time to do a decent job on both my cars.
Running outside to wax my car with some spray wax every 5 minutes aint doable for me so it gets a decent coat of decent wax every month and washed every week, that's not laziness that's growing up and having responsibilities other than the car to take care of.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Myself i've got more interesting things to do with my time, when you boys get yourself a house & family the car is just a car ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Oi you cheeky sausage how dare you imply that I am lazy, when did I suggest I don't wax my car? Also it's typhoon not tyfoon, buffoon. ;)

On weekends I'm getting my hands dirty doing up the house, yet I still find time to do a decent job on both my cars.
Running outside to wax my car with some spray wax every 5 minutes aint doable for me so it gets a decent coat of decent wax every month and washed every week, that's not laziness that's growing up and having responsibilities other than the car to take care of.

Tyfoon is good enough! ;)

Steve - Who you tryin to kid! lol