ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to use after megs #83

An orange one
i have applied some megs #83 by hand using sonus pads and microfibre cloths to remove...results were awesome, just needs a PC to make it 100% perfect..

megs83vee.jpg

anyways...what wax/sealant to go for now? bearing in mind this will be applied by hand too!...what is this P21s everyone raves about?

or there is Megs #21 or #7??

also is liquid wax better or the hard stuff you have to apply by your actual hands?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You can't go wrong with the chemical guys xxx hardcore paste wax imo .Its as good as any of the other waxes , easy on and off .

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/xxx.htm

If you want a liquid wax then the collinite 845 insulator wax is good stuff . Its like a very thick liquid , its good on your alloys as well :

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,51,toView_67.html

Or another one i like and is a true liquid and lasts a long time is :

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/pinnacle-liquid-souveran-p-77.html

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Hmmm #83 by hand is going to be a little tuff to break down?
I would use another polish before wax, to refine the finish a little.
something like #80 is what I would even mixed with #7 glaze..
By hand perhpas look at AG SRP which will make a nice base for a sealent / wax to bond to.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
#7 is a glaze which is nice. #21 is a sealent which looks great on dark colours. I have and use both to good effect.

106 GTi
You applied 83 by hand, is your arm about to drop off?

I would follow it up with Megs 80 myself. Then glaze and wax or SRP, EGP and wax.

i did 83 then 80 as rich said, then a whole load of egp layers (since it was pre winter prep) then P21s. ive posted this pic loads because i love it, not that great a pic though :S

DSC02730.gif

jamie

nice vee btw :D

An orange one
I have just been back on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and ordered..

megs #00 hi tech wash and a sonus sheepskin wash mitt
megs #7 show car glaze
clearkote caranuba moose wax

so will see how this comes out!

they are out of stock on PC polishers :(

An orange one
the only thing thats putting me off doing that..is having to separately order the transformer and plug etc..no great hardship..just hassle really!

from cleantyourcar..you get everything, all ready to use and go! plus..delivery is ultra fast,

he reckons 2 weeks will have them back in, :)

A slow one :-(
LOL... ah well 2 weeks is nowt really.

Just get ready to spend an arm and a leg on products. I'm hooked on it :)

An orange one
its very addictive, Ive always kept my cars ultra clean, mainly using autoglym from just halfords and the like..

but i blame rich for finding out about all these american products and the megs #'s range you cant buy in most shops!!

damn you and your stupid shiny car rich!! just kidding..its actually good fun IMHO.. :)

ST
Have you tried Megs #16 matey?

Gives a really deep shine with good protection on black gold...its my current winter wax, i keep it topped up with chemical guys XXX once every 2nd week..

An orange one
will check out megs #16

rich...is swisswax onxy a hard wax? ive never tried applying them..is it as easy as liquid wax?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
either way hard waxes arent hard , i am new to this and i found them easy to apply etc