ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to spend £500+ on a Trophy?

FRS
I'm looking to keep the trophy to be honest, so first things first is to sort the handling.

- The sachs dampers need refurbed £250? CorneringForce.
- Cooksport springs?
- Eibach Pro kit?
- Koni Rear Dampers?
- Whiteline anti roll bar?
- Powerflex bushes?

Which order would you go in? I've got £500-£1000 to spend on bits and bobs, I want it handling superbly,

thanks.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Complete suspension refresh.

All refurbed dampers, all new bushes/joints etc, Whiteline rarb, then a proper wheel alignment. Will drive like brand new.

FRS
Thanks for that, I'm not sure who does laser alignment up my way though, how highly are the powerflex bushes rated? Seen them on ktec last night.

Tbh mate even new standard bushes it will make a great improvement as you'll be replacing the worn ones

Powerflex are rated if you want to upgrade from standard

Last edited:
  172 cup
Just to throw it in the mix, if your looking to upgrade the handling a bit maybe consider some solid top mounts

RX7 FD
If you want a suspension refresh I would do the following

* Damper Refurb
* Eibach Sportlines
* Powerflex ARB Bushes
* Then the usual track rod ends, ball joints etc.
* Alignment

I don't have experience of Whiteline/Koni's/Solid Top Mounts but on the T I don't strictly think they are necessary. More personal choice!

172 cup
Depends prolines offer better ride but sportlines drop it more, or there are cooksports. Will have my set of two week old cooksports for sale next week if you intrested