ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to get?

Clio 3 extreme
Hey guys, at the moment I'm driving my missus' mk3 but I'm looking to get my own. My want to get a mk2 but not sure what phase to get, all I know is that I need to get a 1.2 (newish driver) for insurance. Just inserting if anyone has any opinions on what phase I should get, also any little niggles or problems to look out for?

Any suggestions welcome :)

2002 clio 172
I had a 1.2 dynamique. 53 reg. Abused it for 50k miles without even an oil change and it was still running fine when I traded it in for my 172. Did have any major problems with it. Started first time every time. Oh, sunroof leaked pretty bad.

Clio 3 extreme
I heared that the sunroofs can go on them, is it just the seals that go or do you have to replace the whole unit?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
See if a dCi is any better for insurance... 1.2s are very popular and also slow as sh*t .. dCi is a much nicer drive IMO and might be less on insurance as not so popular.

2002 clio 172
I heared that the sunroofs can go on them, is it just the seals that go or do you have to replace the whole unit?

Not sure mate, sorry. I never got mine sorted. Was prob last 6 months that I owned it. If you get one with air con, there won't be a sunroof.

Clio 3 extreme
Not sure mate, sorry. I never got mine sorted. Was prob last 6 months that I owned it. If you get one with air con, there won't be a sunroof.

Ahh no worries mate, tbh I'm not really fussed wether it's got a sunroof or air con, as long as it's clean and tidy lol. From past experience as an ex- fitter from halfords I know changing drivers side bulbs can be a bit of a pain! But thankfully I'm starting with my local Renault dealer on the parts department in two weeks, I shouldn't get any problems sourcing parts if needed :)