ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to get??

A blue one
tonight me and my old boi have been looking for 1.6 clio, then i come across these new c2 gt which are a bit quicker much better mpg and look pretty smart, just wondering what you guys thought, anyone know much about them, or should i just be expecting 100% c2 lol

cheers gazz.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Hi

C2 Gt's arent new, they only made them for about a year in 03/04.

I had one for a few months between clio's and I loved it, was reliable and still is since i know the guy who bought it off me. Really fun to drive and a great step up from a 1.2, cant comment on the clio 1.6 as I havent driven one.

Danny will be along soon to tell you how unreliable his was though :rasp:

Mine lowered on fk coilovers

3641590664_3688b74b54_b.jpg

A blue one
Hi

C2 Gt's arent new, they only made them for about a year in 03/04.

I had one for a few months between clio's and I loved it, was reliable and still is since i know the guy who bought it off me. Really fun to drive and a great step up from a 1.2, cant comment on the clio 1.6 as I havent driven one.

Danny will be along soon to tell you how unreliable his was though :rasp:

Mine lowered on fk coilovers

3641590664_3688b74b54_b.jpg

cheers mate for interest, i do really like the look of them just as much as the clio, love the look of that:cool:,
im just beign pushed towards the gt becuase of the cheaper insurance and cheaper on fuel, its better than my 1.2!!! dw worry thought il be straight on the 172 as soon as the insurance goes down lol.

gazz.

RB FF 182
I had a run in the GT when it was new, but only as a passenger so cannot comment on the drive.

I couldnt help feel it was a touch cheap and thrown together inside.

Still love how they look from the outside though.

Out of the 2 [VTS & GT] I's definatly go for the GT for the manual box.

I had thought of buying one but instead i plumped for a 1.8 zetec focus :)

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
If i was in the market for a small fun hatch, it would be either a Micra 160sr (Go and drive one, are much much better than you'd think) Ka sport or Ignis sport.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Yes, deadly serious. Have you driven any of them? I may be biased on the Nissan front as i work for them, but i used a 160sr for a couple of weeks and loved it. The only fault i could find was the seats could be a bit more supportive. You wont find many bad reviews against any of them.

Crappy work hire car
If i was in the market for a small fun hatch, it would be either a Micra 160sr (Go and drive one, are much much better than you'd think) Ka sport or Ignis sport.

That's a wind up, right? The micra looks like a corgi car that's been blown up to human size and the Ka is made of tinfoil and is pig ugly. Never seen an Ignis sport so can't comment.

I would definitely have a C2 GT over all of these!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Out of the 2 [VTS & GT] I's definatly go for the GT for the manual box.

There are 3 in a 1.6 in the C2, the VTR (sensodrive box) 110bhp AVOID! the GT was made or a limited time iirc, was cheaper to buy than the VTS, but the VTS is the top of the range (125bhp iirc).

I had a 1.4 C2 Furio, for a year was a really good car, Really cheap to run had the looks of the VTS didnt really have any major issues with it.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
That's a wind up, right? The micra looks like a corgi car that's been blown up to human size and the Ka is made of tinfoil and is pig ugly. Never seen an Ignis sport so can't comment.

I would definitely have a C2 GT over all of these!

Again, without sounding rude, have you driven any of these? Its not all about looks, some of the most memorable driving fun has been had in a Sport Ka for me. I know its all down to personal choice at the end of the day though. I could drive that Micra as briskly cross country as i could in the Crx Vti i had at the time.