ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do...

Renault Clio 1.6 RXE
Hi, I've got a 1.6 RXE, but I don't have a clue about what I should do to it :s

Just thought id see what peoples opinions were :)

This is my car :

car.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Enjoy it! Headunit if anything for iPod capability.

Guessing you're a fairly new driver, so I wouldn't go modding it to high hell, ruining it and spending a fortune on extra insurance etc!

RB clio 182
Get some lowering springs, put some OZ f1 wheels on it. New head unit, stainless steel stealth exhaust, Renault Sport interior, paint the badges or debadge, some pressed metal plates, LED sidelights and number plate bulbs.

Then give it a good wash and polish (Not saying it isnt clean already lol !!) :p

133/225/CLS AMG
Depends how long you long you intend on keeping the car for.

I mean you could find yourself some cheap RS alloys, nice headunit etc. Make the car your own and transfer some of the stuff you buy to your next car.

As much as I understand the idea of keeping your money for the next car, you could say that with every car. 'Don't bother doing anything to your 172 because you're getting a 200 next'. It's usually a case of onwards and upwards with a car, doesn't there's anything wrong with your current motor. :)

Renault Clio 1.6 RXE
Well its only got 66k on the clock, was thinking with low mileage then why not, probably going to keep it for another year..

Was thinking of lowering but wasn't sure to get springs or coilovers and some renault alloys, like 172 ones ??

phase 1 flamer 172
If you have to ask then dont do anything to it, do the car to suit yourself, not the forum.

320d
I agree with the leave it as it is and put it toward a nicer car but at what point does that stop. I had a completely standard 1.2 16V Clio as my first car, never spent a penny modding it.

Since then though I've spent money (not massive amounts mind) modding my subsequent cars and am now in a 182. It would be very easy to argue that if I'd not have spent any money modding my current and previous cars I'd have been in a better car now. However the reason I've not changed my 182 is because I like it and am still enjoying it and adding a few more subtle things.

Essentially, it's your money. Do what you want.

DB.

BMW 440i
Well its only got 66k on the clock, was thinking with low mileage then why not, probably going to keep it for another year..

Was thinking of lowering but wasn't sure to get springs or coilovers and some renault alloys, like 172 ones ??

No point, then you would need some nicer alloys as it woul look odd standard and lower, just leave it be, maybe some nice audio to improve your daily journey, keep the money towards a newer car!