ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do?

MK3, RX450H.
Coming to the time to sell up the Clio as it's just not got enough horses pulling it and I've got quite bored of having no power what's so ever.
Here's what I have at the moment..

clio29aug.jpg

Not sure what to jump up to next. Any idea's?
Not sure whether to get the Clio 200 as I do quite like the shape of the Clio's...

A.N. Other
Yes indeed, but you're still considering it. Get something turbo'd if you want more power on the cheap(ish). I liked my old Pulsar GTI-R a lot and it was a beast.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm close to buying the 1.8T polo gti. Not sure though, can pick them up for about 7-8k
Fell asleep reading that sentence.

Get a 1*2, cheap as chips, cheap to run compared to it's rivals and got more than enough poke for a 19 year old. And then spend the rest on being 19 and enjoying yourself.

Last edited:
  SQ5
How old are you?

In reply to your PM, I think that the above is fairly self explanatory.

Your wasting money chucking loads at a car your age. But then that's coming from me whose paid my own insurance.

Win if it's company!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I paid 5000 for my 182 because it was absolutely immaculate, I honestly don't think there was a cleaner one for sale. Can't get a much better all round for 5k.

MK3, RX450H.
But I don't want another Clio. If I had another Clio I'd get the 200, which is also crossing my mind.
& I don't understand why people say don't chuck money at a car. Why not? As I haven't got anything else to worry about yet, so spending money now seems fine.
Just for the record, I pay my own insurance, if I was going for a bigger engine I'd go on Company insurance. Not bothering now.
182's are quite high on insurance tbf.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I don't neccessarily think you should just be looking at clios, but don't get a polo. Awful choice.

There is just alot better things to use your money for that pissing it all on a car. Bankrupting yourself for a car ftl.

MK3, RX450H.
Mmm, I hear ya.
Might just have a look at something like a cooper s or something small and cosy.

If you want small get a new shape civic, I've always found the insides of those very cosy! And it's well within the 15k mark for a 1.4 / 1.8 or more :)

The ride is poor though, I'd rather save some cash and go for an EP3 instead.
Big spenda! ;) What sort of power output are you looking? There's still a lot of choices like, upgrading suspension and dampers is something you could do. There's lots of hondas about so your spoilt for choice really.

Nissan 350z
Clio 200 sounds like a good shout (biast) and im sure you can pickup a nice 2nd hand example for around the 12k mark that will still have that near new feeling. Either that or perhaps take a look at Clio R27, granted it wont be as new as the 200 but its more of a limited edition and essentially the same car inside due to being a Mk3 like your current one and the 200.

RB 182
I paid 5000 for my 182 because it was absolutely immaculate, I honestly don't think there was a cleaner one for sale. Can't get a much better all round for 5k.

Tell me that was a few years ago....

£5k is mental money for a 182 especially in Arctic blue.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
hi crispin i would get a rb 200 with black speedlines and a cup spoiler and perhaps recaros if you could find one, from a main dealer not new with low miles and just enjoy driving it, pay no more than 12k. happy days

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Tell me that was a few years ago....

£5k is mental money for a 182 especially in Arctic blue.

I suppose it's a matter of opinion on the colour. Low miles, unbelievably mint with every mod that I would have done anyway already done, just had its belts done and taxed for a year. Bought it off a guy I know so I know how well it has been looked after. I was more than happy to stump up the money.

To be perfectly honest with you I would put 8k of that in savings, then leave the rest to get a car and at your age I would want to be earning no claims so make sure its on your OWN insurance. In a few years time youl want to put a deposit down thats 20k minimum, maybe pay of some loans or credit cards, maybe chuck in a few holidays etc. You can do so much more with 15k than buy one car.

Car wise though economical...urm power.....urm....4 seats and a boot.....rs clio?!?!

MK3, RX450H.
Think I'm gonna get a cooper s. I've always been on my own insurance so going on company was last resort.

Don't fancy another Clio I don't think. Insurance stings.

Listerine & Poledo
kids today, and their crazy car-buying needs.

As your first performance car, it'll be barrel rolled within a month, so you may as well just get a 200SX or something