ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to do...

ZX6R B1H
Hapily driving along with mr wiggle behind me both in black Phs1 172's Woo, driving up a slight hill when the traffic lights turn to red. A car in front went threw the red then stopped, I pulled up and stopped at the traffic lights as you do leaving at least 2 car lengths between me and the goon who went through ;) on red, next thing the car comes rolling back and whack the nobber rolled back into me.

I got his details etc, the front bumper had been creased in the middle and a cracked number plate. But im a bit stuck here on whether i should go through my insurance or not. Im a body lad and it wouldnt take much to fix the damage and tbh i'd rather not have a claim against my name even if it is non-fault.

I also don't want the hassle of the goon trying it on saying i was at fault and i went into the back of him and going for a massive whiplash claim :nono:

we both have a witness im just a little stuck now on which way to take it, nobbers damaging my car Grrrr

Last edited:
  LY R26 230 F1 Team
Has he offered you anycompensation outside the insurance?
send him the bill and avoid claims imo

and sorry to hear about that tnuc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get work to knock up an invoice for £xxx and send it him saying you can't be arsed to go through insurance.

If he pays, all good.

ZX6R B1H
Aweful grammer i know, I'm certainly not the sharpest tool in the box. ;)

I think i'll ring him tomorrow and see what he says, if he pushes for insurance i know full well it will be a whiplash claim setup. His car was an old M reg s**t box i bet his excess is more than what the car is worth lol.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Be careful.

An old boss of mine had the same thing happen to me and when it went through the insurance he said that my old boss had gone into the back of him and not that he had rolled back. Thank goodness for witnesses.

I am not a fan of getting the cash as there is no telling what ppl will do these days I would just ring your insurance Co and register a claim. He may give you a £100 then a couple of weeks later a letter pops through the post with a claim notificiation and your insurance co' asking why you didn't inform them.