ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do

Silly question i think.

My 172 is resting on apex lowering springs at present and one of the rear dampers is now screwed, its recommended that you change both rears at the same time, (is this true?), so including labour the bill is hitting nearly £300.00

Is it worth spending the extra and moving to a set of fk highsports?

Clio 172mk2
do the work yer self back dampers are easy , nut at top and one at bottom , you dont need to take the wheels off either.

using a inpact gun thing will make it easier , should but under a hrs labour id say

ask fred he`d prolly have em done in 20 mins

ask john2modified for latest price on fks , i got em n there good again to change fronts 2 bolts n the top nut .

172 Cup
how much are the shocks?? because it really is not hard to change them! i wouldnt want a garage to charge me any more than £40 to change them.

Clio 172mk2
mike where u based if u can get to birmingham see fred , cheap and he knows what he`s doing

I'd say get the coilovers Mike, then I can buy your Apex springs of ya! If you want a hand fitting them one day i'll pop over and help you.

On the dampers though, it really is a pretty straight forward job to change the rears, and a garage would get both sides done in an hour quite easily I would've thought, so if you do decide to just get new dampers check around for a price on the labour first

Shaun, you can buy the springs off me, and if you want you can come and help fit the coilovers, nevs gonna give me a hand 2.

Lionel Richie
you need any fitting, you know who to call ;)

you don't NEED to replace both rear shocks, and its 10min labour to change them, NOT 1hr