ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to do ?? hmmm

1*4 phhslow
i have my 2001 1.4 clio atm with only 47,000 on the clock atm and was wondering what everone thinks about a problem i have ....

I cant decide weather to go for a williams 2 or 3 ?? any better than the other i no the 2 doesnt have sun roof but i am not sure if there more realiable than my 1.4 as its not computerised and that .....

i have untill october to decide when my insurance runs out and im really stuck lol .. i dont want to get one and you no be fixing it all the time as its an old engine... its only going to be kept standerd apart from an indution kit ... dont no weather i will get away with a swap or near enough a full swap looking around 3500 ..

sorry to blaber on just want peoples views and opinions on them
please comment ..
:)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
not much to pick between em, id put it down to condition of what you see when your looking, rather than single one out now.

1*4 phhslow
yea i have herd problems about the sun roof leaking and stuff like that what do you think about them nice cars ??

if you want a 'future classic' then really you should be buying the original Williams. I wouldnt do it unless I had deep pockets

1*4 phhslow
well i am lookin at a williams 2 more than a 3 as i like not havin the sunroof as i had a old pug and there terrible for leeks etc....

can someone comment that has a williams to prove me wrong or right about getting one please ??

all of the Williams are good cars, but to keep it MINT will cost a fair wedge imo. If you are buying it for its Future classic status then IMO the ONLY one to get is the original. I have looked at various mk1s (valvers and williams) and unless I get a good example for bargain money, I wont be buying a mk1.

This advice is coming from someone in your position whose done a lot of the looking around already!

cock mobile.
Williams, Valvers = modern day money pits.

Fine if they are a casual use car, no longer every day cars imo.

1*4 phhslow
aahh right i use mine everyday u see just to go to work and back , thats what was going to happen to the williams and some long distance to the fcs etc etc...

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
If I was in your position I'd go for the williams 3, thats just personal preference. For that money you can get a really clean williams 1, 2 or 3

As for ph1 172, good car but no more or less reliable than a mk, they're all french heaps of sh1t that will go wrong at some point, you just get on with it and fix the dam thing, no big deal

I use my valver as an everyday car no problems and I thrash the pants off it on a regular basis as well :rasp:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Its a dream owning a car like that but it will soon turn into a nightmare if your not handy with a set of spanners.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As above mate, buy a phase 1 172.

Just got mine with 46,000 on the clock for £3,800.

Its reliable-ish ive only had to fix the neglect that it had from the woman owner (for the last 7 years) but other than that shes sweet as a nut, the best thing about it is that your forever catching BMW an Audi drivers out ;-)

I cant decide weather to go for a williams 2 or 3 ?? any better than the other i no the 2 doesnt have sun roof but i am not sure if there more realiable than my 1.4 as its not computerised and that .....

Firstly I love them best Clio of the lot IMO.

The 3's had sunroofs the 1 and 2's never ever had them fitted by Renault.

Persoanly i like the 2 due to the bigger side windows I don't like the 3 due to the sunroof and ABS being fitted as standard which are rubish. the 1's nice though just its numbered rare model and slightly smaler wing mirrors.

There simplier as less electrics nbut there older cars but take care of it and spend when you need to and it will be fine if you get a good one.