ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to buy?

Clio 172
Right the rattle I had on hard acceleration due to exhaust hitting bodywork has got to the point where it rattles on any kind of accelratin now :(

Ive been reading over the posts and am unsure what I need to buy could someone please help me. I obvioously need 2 upper engine mounts which I am about to order from KTECH but is there anything else i need to replace or might aswell replace whilst its in the garage? Also how many?

I know it sounds daft but im usless with cars.

Cheers Ben

Clio 172
What does that do? Just want the annoying rattle to stop and for my engine to stay where it should lol

Also do i need 2 of these or does that include everything needed?

Also is the dogbone mount the lower gearbox mount? Im confused :s

Clio 172
Ah I see ive a ph2 172 does it have the twisty thing? Lol also do i need upper engine mounts then or just these? Whats teh best way to check my upper mounts and i have no idea what or where they are!

Yeah your's will have the twisted dogbone mount, it's the actually rubber mounts that sit inside the dogbone that you replace though.

Upper engine mount is on the drivers side and the upper gearbox mount is under the battery. Beware though uprating these mounts will increase cabin rattles lol.

Also check your exhaust mounts too as the rattling could be coming from there, I had an annoying rattle and I was blaming the engine mounts until I noticed my centre exhaust mount was split and perished.

Clio 172
Again grateful for all the help but drivers side where? Cabin rattle doesnt bother me ive got that anyways lol. but i still dont knw what im looking for can someone post pics of them on and off the car?