ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What the f**k How did this happen

Nissan Jewk

The strangest thing... driving to work this morning, its p*ssing down with rain, all of a sudden, the wiper on drivers side somehow hits the passenger side wiper, they get tangled, then the drivers side wiper broke! I cant see sh*t out my windscreen, im 5 minutes into the 1 hour journey and its my first day back at work in 2 weeks after my bike crash and the gf dumping me... bad luck happens in 3s as they say! How do I fix this?? See pics...

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1086094287__45060030.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1086094268__450C0027.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1086094278__450C0028.jpg

happened to my mk1. though it was probably a different problem, something had got caught up (my jack) in the metal bit that connects the two, though mine didnt snap

Suzuki SV1000S

Yozza

Out of interest how much did it cost you to repair it and did you do it yourself or was it a Renault job?

Nissan Jewk

george mate, u took the words right out my mouth!!

Q: For any of you north londoners, do you know what time halfords in friern barnet retail park is open til?

Nissan Jewk

LOL your telling me Nick!! u know that effect, whats it called, the midas touch, where everything you touch turns to gold? Well whats the complete opposite, cos thats what I got at the mo... everything i touch breaks or just f*cks up one way or another :(

Cheers Tom, ill see if i can find out on the web somewhere. RainX shouldnt be more than a tenner should it?

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 01 June 2004
YozzaOut of interest how much did it cost you to repair it and did you do it yourself or was it a Renault job?

it was a warranty job, but the bit was not too expensive iirc.

:)

/y0z

Nissan Jewk

halfords closes @ 8pm, sorted. Praying it dont rain when i leave work now!

Yoz - u thinking less than £100?

Suzuki SV1000S

Give eurocarparts a ring and see if they have it, sure you could do it yourself. Did you buy the car private or dealer mate. My dealer gave me another year with mine! Just a thought!

Nissan Jewk

got it from carland of all places!! i got 3 months warranty i think, i best check, but their service is p*ss poor

Suzuki SV1000S

Doesnt matter if you got a warranty. Just make sure you tell them about it before it runs out.

(Rob can you send me that web address of the peeps who made your suspension so i can get mine soughted) - sorry BIT off topic

Yep happened to me.........

Take the cover off your wiper at the bottom where the motor is and tighten the nut. Thats all thats happened mate, the nut has come loose over time and just needs tweaking back up.

Nissan Jewk

nice one edde! ill order that in tomorrow hopefully. Pete - I was on A406 all the way from southgate to chiswick, didnt come off it

Mitchy - that happened to mine to, makes you wonder what other nuts are making there way loose, I think Mikec172 has a bit more of a problem because it has snapped hasnt it.

Nissan Jewk

i cant get the wiper arm of!!!! unbolted it, but still cant come off, dont know what to do :(

Nissan Jewk

i took the plastic cover off which reveals 2 nuts (oo-err missus!), undid the nuts and your left with the thread from the bolt and the wiper arm looks as if you just pull it off, but its stuck and i dont wanna break anything lol! Do you have to go into the bonnet and undo it all through there?

Be careful! I cracked the windscreen doing this and I suspect this is also why a number of cars coming out from renault repair work suffered cracked screens soon after. Its very easy to catch the very bottom of the screen.

I used a three way puller to remove the wiper arms, they were flippin tight on mine. There are no other bolts other than the ones you have removed, its just the torque used on the nut that has seized them on.