ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what subs

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

i had my punto broken into the other day. they stole my 2 JL W3 12" and my kenwood ps520 amp. the insurance company wants to no what i want to do with the subs. i was thinking of getting a Kicker L7 15" 1000w. what do u think would sound better? the 1 kicker 15" or 2 JL AUDIO W3 12"

Sorry to hear about your problem

I woud go for the 2x JL 12W3s. They have better sound quality and will give you more cone area due to there being 2 of them. If you can get an amp to feed them around 800 watts RMS then you will have nice sounds again.

The Kicker L7 will be loud off the right amp but the SQ of them is an aquired taste. Also you will need a more powerful amp to get the L7 moving to its full potential.

Hope that helps...and if you need a quote for your insurance company I could arrange a competitive one if needs be.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

http://www.evilice.co.ukwww.evilice.co.uk

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

oh sorry mate they have got a company that comes out and fits it all that are linked to the insurance company. so u think the jl would be better? they were pretty loud when i had them before. i will be running them at 500W each is that good enough? i think they were 300RMS each. thanks for the advice evil ice

I think the JLs will be the preferred option yes. Theres nothing wrong with the Kicker L7s but 2x W3s should be louder and have better sound quality.

The W3s will handle between 500 and 700 watts RMS for daily driving depending on what you are playing through them. 500 will be fine.

Russ