ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What speakers are in new clios

ive just had a look on the speakers i ripped out of my car, there is no manufacturer decals on the back of them or power rating, but judging by the way they distorted from the standard cd head unit i cant see them being any higher than 30rms

all sony ICE is awful (not no much with home-ents) - there is no clarity, high levels of distortion and i think the price tag says it all, at the end of the day with ICE you get what you pay for (with the exception of JVC head units)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

they are 4rms

15 peak

Get alpine!!!

Im selling some soon well cheap!!

tom the ones you are selling are they the 17cm comps that you had so much trouble fitting??

i need some replacements for the boston RC520s i have at the moment and could be interested in them when you sell

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nah they are some alpines(gonna sell em for £40 ish as the are non crossover components) i had the bostons they are better mate keep em

fair enough, any suggestions on what to replace the bostons with??

personally want 17cm comps and dont mind the hassle, at the end of the day it is only a clio, not as if ill be pi$$ed off if i destroy door cards in the process

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

erm JLs if you want volume

my personal fav are the new F1# status units from alpine

but they are hard to get

im trying to fit my new JL setup tweter up front 5.25 in the doors and a 6.5 in the rear panel

but its getting me down so i might go with my backup

Alpine spr-136as

realy im after SQ, looked at the Focal Polyglass series, but was really disappointed with them,

volume is not an issue, i managed to wangle a deal with my local dealer for a diamond audio M612, and that goes plenty loud

just need plenty of mid range and some quality treble, at the moment the bostons are getting drowned out, even turned the gains on the amp to the sub down, but its just too loud for them

have also looked at a couple of 3 way component sets, but mounting would definetely be an issue then

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the acoustics of the clio are odd even the smallest amount of bass is too much hope fullt the 3 ways should give me the strength i need as eah part is individually amped no crossovers involved