ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What size eye bolts for harnesses?

200 FF Storm Grey
What size eye bolts do I require to fix harnesses to lower seat belt mounting points in the back and also down the side of the seats?

200 FF Storm Grey
O ffs, nothing is simple lol, I've just purchased some 4 points and realised they can only be used with a harness bar (as obviously there isn't 4 seat belt mounting points in the back).

No way of fitting them?

200 FF Storm Grey
Had a read of that before mate, the harness bolt in clips are sort of what I'm looking for, situation I have is I've bought some 4 point harnesses with no clips for the rear so need one of those harness brackets to thread through but can't find them any where :\

Plus is it ok to have both points in the same single eye bolt?

Cheers pal

182 FF
If you aint got clips on the end mate just bolt them to the hole in the boot floor. i've got a 172cup and theres two holes under the carpet just behind the rear seat, I just used this with the same bolt that holds the seatbelt on the door pillar in the front of the car so should be strong enough (i've done 15+ trackdays like this). If you dont need your rear seatbelts just use another bolt to secure it in the seatbelt release clasp hole. I dont think its safe to put them in the same point but I may be wrong, and tbh if you are using harnesses a cage is advisable as you are fixed in position if you tip it over and can't lean forward like with seatbelts, but plenty of people do.