ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should I do?

S2000
Basically I am in two minds about whether to keep the clio or not. I have recently had the old owner in touch wanting to buy it and a couple of PM's on here from people wanting to buy it after I mentioned the possibility of selling it. However, I'm not sure if I want to keep it or not.

If I keep it I will hopefully be making it absolutely mint and either putting it on throttle bodies or putting a turbo on it. However, that would take a lot of money (which I don't have much of as a student) so I would have to keep the car for a fair while as I did the work. By mint I mean making sure that everything even marginally wrong is put right and putting the car in for a respray, so not a half arsed attempt.

The other option would be to sell it and get a civic/crx 1.6 vtec which I would in time hope to put a B20 or B18 engine in.

The problem is that I don't want to start a project with the clio and then lose interest but at the same time I would absolutely love a mint hybrid running 200bhp+. Then again I always thought that I would be happy to stop at hybrid power so maybe I would then want to keep going again.

If truth be told at the moment I think I will keep the clio, but there is still an element of me that want a change as I've now had 3 of them and I really do like CRX's, but they are a lot more common that 16v's or williams around here.

I know thats a bit of a ramble and I know the majority of people will say I should keep the clio with this being a clio forum but what would you do?

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
i think you're car is unique. its already yours and its in high demand, so its obviously a good car to have.

Theres possibility to make it better, which I think you should do. I prefer cars that are different from the others around and like you say, theres not many people with 16vs around here. especially not 200bhp ones which is what you could have.

Its your car, so its your choice. But from what I gather you want to keep it more than sell it. Don't be pressured into losing it and regretting selling. There's alot of folk on here that always say they miss their Mk1 clios.

I'd get a cheap to run car personaly if your a stupdent if you have the cash though sell up and do a project.