ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should I do with this paint problem (BUMPER)

Clio Mk2 Dynamique
Hi all,

So I bought a Clio Dynamique and I want to get it looking nice.

First thing I want to do is sort the paint out on my front bumper pictured below:

SNL5fB3.jpg

YIWRu0P.jpg

As you can see theres a massive area missing and also 100's of little white spots. Not sure how this happened as it was like this when I bought it.

What is my best option? I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Get the front bumper resprayed, the white dots are probably stone chips.
While you're at it, get some fog lights on it too.

Clio Mk2 Dynamique
Get the front bumper resprayed, the white dots are probably stone chips.
While you're at it, get some fog lights on it too.

Thanks for your reply? Get it resprayed completely? How much (estimate) do you think that will be?

And I just want to get this bumper sorted first, then move on to things like foglights.

Thanks again!!!!!

Thanks for your reply? Get it resprayed completely? How much (estimate) do you think that will be?

And I just want to get this bumper sorted first, then move on to things like foglights.

Thanks again!!!!!
Yeah completely, any decent bodyshop will do it all no problem. Price, depends on what they charge round your area, it could be £100 or it could be £300 depending who you use.

Fog lights will be plug & play if you have the wiring already in place, it would make sense to get them fitted when you get the bumper done. They'll be cheap & make it look much better.

Clio Mk2 Dynamique
I'd guess £200 for a decent bumper respray.

Yeah completely, any decent bodyshop will do it all no problem. Price, depends on what they charge round your area, it could be £100 or it could be £300 depending who you use.

Fog lights will be plug & play if you have the wiring already in place, it would make sense to get them fitted when you get the bumper done. They'll be cheap & make it look much better.
Thanks again for the replies, I really appreciate it !!

Do either of you think getting a bumper off another clio would be an option? Could you check this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c47ae527a

Would this do the job?

If you want to keep costs down then prep the bumper yourself if you have a da sander. Take it off the car if you want the best possible job. I get a friend to paint my things but he always insists i remove them from the car cos hes a perfectionist lol