ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what should a standard 172 exhaust sound like?

do 172s just sound like a normal car or do they sound like they have an aftermarket system on? had mine a week the exhaust looks standard but sounds like theres something been changed, its not blowing to my knowledge just wondered if this is right?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Could be a stainless steel stealth, is it shiney?

02 plate, ph2 172.. nah just looks like a normal exhaust to me unless its an old stealth perhaps, the talepipe on the rear cans quite big for a standard box i think? but doesnt look special or anything lol

Mk5 golf gti
alot of times people think this when they have a standard system but maybe a pipercross or something up front
induction kit i mean

it has an induction kit but i know the difference in noise its loud even when pedals hardley pressed and when idleing, and my friends got a 182 which is nearly silent which makes me think somethings changed ohere lol,

Countryman JCW
mines standard and quite loud, almost sounds like theres a performance exhaust on it, and i know there isnt because i had a standard one fitted when i got the car. I took it back to the garage where i had it fitted, and they checked it for leaks or cracks, and they said it was all fine. My friend had a ph2, and his was the same as mine, got a nice low grumble to it when your pottering about. Mine even has a little pop on over run around 3-4k... Nothing wrong just how they are i assume.

isit the backbox that generates the noise volume? if so whats the cheepest quietest rear can i replace this with doing my head in lol or is there anyway of making it quieter?