ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what shall i use to clean and polish my clio ?

clio mk1 phase 1
hi all. got a mk1 clio. not sure what products to use to clean my clio? and also what shall i use to polish it up want to make it shinny and blinging.

what shall i use to clean my alloys and what polish to use?

i would like the products that you suggest to be from halfords, tesco or sainsburys coz those are the only big supermarkets near me. lolz.

106 GTi
Of the shelf productsfor your paintwork -

Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection.

Clean the alloys with Autoglym Engine Machine cleaner and polish and seal with Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection same as you paintwork.

All available from Halfords.

clio mk1 phase 1
kul stuff. but dont i apply any sort of shampoo first then the products you mentioned or will i just need to apply them products and the clio should me cleaned?

106 GTi
Car needs to ba washed well first.

I like Sonax Wash from Vauxhall dealers, the Blue Zymol or Meguiars Gold Glass from Halfords also both work well.

clio mk1 phase 1
o ye what about clay?? is there any point in using that and also when will i need to use it from the products r-jay has mentioned??? and can i use it on alloy wheels?

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
join the club and theres a good article in the articles section for cleaning your car properly :)

106 GTi
kundi13 said:
o ye what about clay?? is there any point in using that and also when will i need to use it from the products r-jay has mentioned??? and can i use it on alloy wheels?

You need to clay after washing, and before polishing and sealing. A well worth it step.

I used the old clay on my alloys after doing all the paintwork on the car itself.