ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What sealant

campus sport 1.2 16v
Hello everyone,can anyone recomend a quality sealant to use after i detail my car with carnuba quick detailer[chemical guys]? I usually polish and wax but in this weather its just pointless cos if i did it would defo rain!

Formally Alex C
Ideally you'll use the sealant bafore the carnauba detailer so as not to affect the sealants bonding to the paintwork.

There are alot of sealants about now and I'm sure Davidg will be along to recommend his as well but, I'll list the popular one's I have:

Serious Performance Polymer Super Sealant - £8.95 - Nice clear, wet finish. Slick to touch and very good durability.

Duragloss Total Performance Polish - £12.49 - Very wet finishing and has been the 'en-vogue' sealant this year in the States with forums like Autopia.

Duragloss Clear Coat Polish - £8.95 - Gives a deeper gloss finish compared to the TPP above. Definately benefits from using the Polish Bonding Agent Duragloss do as well. Cheaper price but is 236ml compared to all the others which are 500ml. You get a shampoo sample and an applicator in the box too.

Prima Epic - £14.95 - A deep, clear finish from the Epic. Good durability and very easy to use.

Four Star UPP - £14.95 - Very bright finishing sealant and still a fave on lighter colours if you want a very reflective finish. Not the longest lasting sealant but, one of the slickest.

Hope that helps a bit!
Cheers :).

106 GTi
My current choice is JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger

Looks great, is meant to last as long as Klasse and Autoglym sealants ( 3 plus months possible) can be layered instantly without any cure time, is wipe on and wipe of so as easy as a quick detail spray.

Some pics of it used HERE

IMG_4931.jpg

Like Alex says sealants wont bond propely unless the surface is prepped propely first.