ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What paint to use for interior

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
So im having some spray paint made up at a local bodyshop today (artic blue j41) and my options are cellulose, 2pack (2K), basecoat or sythentic.......i know nothing about the differences between these. Which would be best for doing the interior boot/floor. Ideally want somthing hard wearing. Iv had a google but cant find an answer in laymans terms :sweat:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
So im having some spray paint made up at a local bodyshop today (artic blue j41) and my options are cellulose, 2pack (2K), basecoat or sythentic.......i know nothing about the differences between these. Which would be best for doing the interior boot/floor. Ideally want somthing hard wearing. Iv had a google but cant find an answer in laymans terms :sweat:

What I find works is 2 pack lacquer over synthetic base. The lacquer dries hard as f**k if you're using it properly with a spray gun... pre mixed rattle cans aren't ideal.

If you don't want to lacquer it, just get 2 pack colour

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If it helps, that's the finish from 2k colour with no lacquer over it
IMG_1471.JPG

And this is lacquer over the top, which I think will be overkill for a boot floor
IMG_0932.JPG