ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What paint for rocker cover and inlet

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Hi guys

Pretty much just as the title. Sorry if it's a dumb as s**t question but what paint do I buy to spray the rocker cover and inlet.

Thanks

Jordan

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You want to use etch primer for a start mate. Paint wise I've used automotive paint loads of times before without issue and I've also used plasticote successfully. Remember to use petrol/oil resistant lacquer as well.

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Cheers guys. Money isn't too much of an issue I'd rather do it right once that's why I thought I'd ask you guys. I've degreased and cleaned the whole bay by hand the other day and it still looks shoddy because the inlets and rocker cover let it down

Van
I used VHT wrinkle finish on one of mine and it turned out great. Not a Clio of course, but certainly different. Or it was when i did it at least...

IMG_4007_zpsd9327afb.jpg

IMG_4008_zps2babb77b.jpg