ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Pads do i need?

182 S
ok, so ive got a kestrel DAS6 from the mrs for valentines. my mates told me i can do his car as a first attempt with a discount price ( brave i no ) lol

Which pads and polishes do i need? ive been searching for the past hour but no luck. its a black golf MK4 if thats any help. gonna be attempting swirl removal, polish and wax

Thanks, adam

Si

RS Clio 172
I'm a n00b but i did a similar thread on another forum and then went and bought the following from cleanyourcar.co.uk...

Lake Country 4" Blue Finishing pad
Lake Country White Polishing pad
Sonus SFX1 swirl and scratch remover pad
Sonus SFX1 Spot pad

I then got the Menz sampling kit as it gives me a few things to play with.

I've heard VAG paint is a bit of a bugger though? not sure.

also you'll need the different backing plate if you're getting the smaller pads, not sure what the DAs6 comes with?

Not a 320d
Referring back to this thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=486668

You're now asking what pads and polish you should be using..!? I think you should get some serious practice in on your own car/scrap-panels before charging someone £100+ for a swirl removal detail.

Lots of advice over on DetailingWorld RE VAG paint.

What i thought at first. I would do your own first. Or buy a clearcoated scrap bonnet just so you can see how things work. That way, when you grow a pair of balls and buy a real machine polisher (rotary) you can see how the thing works and what happens when you burn through paintwork. Also, with the DA you can get an idea of how polish breaks down and how effective one polish is compared to another.

VAG paint is hard, for BMW paint i use Megs 105 although using a DA will take you a lot of time and effort. My personal favorites are 105, 205, and the 3M range of polishes, and as far as pads go, 3M waffle are my personal favorite. I will never touch the G220 again as it just doesnt cut it, literally. If you find you need very high levels of cut, then use a wool pad.