ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What new tyres

For my 172 CUP - need help quick .. i wanna order this mornin

These right 195 / 45 / R16 V

was gonna choose between the Continetal Sport Contact (these on now?)

Michelin Piolt Exaltos

Goodyear Egale F1s

Why stick to the contis?

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive tried all 3 of those.

I found the Contis on my 172 to be very good. Not massive amounts of grip but very predicable and reasonably hard wearing. I didnt have any problems with them.

I replaced all 4 with Eagle F1 GS-D3s when I needed new fronts. These gave grip in bucket loads but because of this prevented some of the fun you got from the Contis on the road. They would just stick and stick and stick, then let go. lol Amazing tyres, they really inspired confidence.

Now Ive got Exaltos on the 182 and reckon they have the traits of both these tyres. You can throw the car around and know what its going to do yet it still has huge levels of grip. Plus once they get warmed up they have even more grip.

Thats how I found them anyway. Id not have a problem running any of those.

Lee

i think am gonna go for the Exaltos on the frount , but i will have the orignals Contis on the rear!

do they look different ( a lot?) i cant afford 4 yet! wil that affect handling a lot?