ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what makes the 197 have 197bhp

Please correct me if im wrong. From my understanding the 172 and 197 use the same lump how does the 197 get the extra power? are these transferrable to the 172? basically ive just purchased a 172 and im looking in to engine mods and im doing my research before i buy anything. Any ideas?

Audi TT 225
different cams, different exhaust, different inlet, different map

oh and no they're not transferable

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
197 = very cool but 197 = crap performance dont let it get u down they cant match there little brothers!!

tiTTy & SV650
a run in 197 with the inlet matched may well make 197ps, my 182 makes 179 brake standard...

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Dont be dissin' the 197 too much,tollan, or Seb will barr you. lol

do you do anything apart troll the 197 threads?

oh yes just thought of something you do, w**k over your 182 mit stripes. ;)

:)

Last edited:

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
The 197 at the RR day I went to made plenty of power :) Even taking the fact that it was overreading that day into account it still made decent power.

And as a comparison with other standard cars there the figures were not that far out, i.e. loads of 3 litre beemers making pretty much bang on 230bhp, stock power.

535d / t5 caravelle
150 bhp, a lot less weight though, and they usually run a 150bhp, not like the newer models

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
The engine in the 197 isnt the same as the 172/182, different lump, besides non of these engines produce their quoted bhp at the wheel. We get conned by Renault :dapprove:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Hold up! Seb's been busted to the ranks, maybe that's why he's pissed. lol

lol you really are slower than i thought! hahahah :)

i just get fed up with your pointless posts thats all.

80MPG BEEZA
morky off here running 183bhp went up against a new clio cup spec with everything sequential box the lot and the 197 cup cudnt get away from morky and that was with 2 different drivers so a normal 197 vs the 172 meh....

SG1L0303.jpg

this gap was held and a few times closed in through out the whole session

Clio 197
Not impressed with the white 197 I must say, and there isn't a great deal between the 182's and the 197's, I'm sure some results will be up here somewhere after FCS.

morky off here running 183bhp went up against a new clio cup spec with everything sequential box the lot and the 197 cup cudnt get away from morky and that was with 2 different drivers so a normal 197 vs the 172 meh....

this gap was held and a few times closed in through out the whole session
Thats testing and drives difference a Cup racer being driven like a 200hp Clio on the right tyres for both of them for the conditions won't know which was a Cup went.

you all under-estimate the 197 :)

This forums the Mk2 forum realy

Williams CLios the Mk1 forum

Be interesting to see where the Mk3 owners end up.

To many people thinking they have the best ever RS car and on here theres to many 172/182 owners need silencing who don't want to.