ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What lowering springs to get?

Clio 197
Want some lowering springs for my dci 100 but not sure what ones to get. Heard eibach are good but cant find them that lower the car 40mm and thats what i want. Or 50mm.

60mm will be a pain with speed bumps.

Are apex any good? And what are coilovers? Just need some general advice if anyone could send me any links to decent springs not over £200. And that would fit my dci 100.

Thanks in advance

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Eibach sportlines fit the bill perfectly.

Give you a good stance, good ride quality and won't be too low.

Coilovers are full adjustable suspension, shocks and springs, but are more money than you want to spend and probably unnecessary

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Get the Eibach Sportlines. You will have a very good handling car thats usable as a daily. 45-50mm lowering on your model. The best of the rest do not match the quality of Eibach

Clio 197
Cheers the eibach sportlines look pretty good but I dont know if i'd be keen on the front being lowered 45-50mm and the back only 30mm.

Wont it look a bit slanted? And does anyone know what prices garages would normally charge to fit them?

Cheers :)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Cheers the eibach sportlines look pretty good but I dont know if i'd be keen on the front being lowered 45-50mm and the back only 30mm.

Wont it look a bit slanted? And does anyone know what prices garages would normally charge to fit them?

Cheers :)

rake suits the clios. Looks good on the RS models. It would not surprise if your car already has some rake as standard.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I promise you, it won't look slanted.

Personally, I hate the figures that eibach quote, it just over complicates things. If you look at your clio right now, you'll notice the arch gap on the front is bigger than that on the back, the eibach's will effectively straighten this out.

They're not one of the best/the best springs out there for no reason!

Clio 197
Oh right never took much notice. Might measure the 2 gaps later to see.

Do you know if they would fit ok with either 172 or 182 alloys? The ones i have now are the standard 15" dynamique alloys. But they 172/182 ones are 16".

Cheers

Clio 197
Yeah that is what i was thinking. So really the wheels with tryes on are the same size. Because its bigger alloys buy smaller tyre profile.