ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHAT KIND OF PRICE CAN I EXPECT FOR MY 172?

RENAULT SPORT CLIO 172
I am buying a BMW 330 Sport Coupe and need to sell the clio (kid on the way).

What kind of price can i expect. It on an 03 Plate, 72500 miles, silver, its been maintained well with a full service history (non dealer) and has had belt chages 7 weeks ago. its in decent condition with a few stone chips around the front bumper and minor scuffing on wheels with a good set of tyres and has a warranty untill December 08. MOT is due in May 09. Tax in October.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
A caps lock button?

I'd of said about £4.8k, unless trading it in you'll be looking sub £4k easily.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Well 02 plate 172's with that sort of mileage and history are going for less than 3k, so if you got between 3.5 and 4 you'd be doing well.

Cup 172
Check your local autotrader and see what they are going for in your area. Price accordingly. If you want a quick sale, price it towards the bottom end of the range, if you have more time, try your luck higher.
Ignore most valuations on here as generally, they always undervalue.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its worth 4.5k all day long... BUT and its a massive but, due to the credit crunch and all that they just arnt selling (cars in general arnt) so you may have to drop it to 3.5k to get rid of it

Chelsea tractor
It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Look at what similar cars are asking, but bear in mind that the asking price is rarely the price that the car will sell for.

its worth 4.5k all day long... BUT and its a massive but, due to the credit crunch and all that they just arnt selling (cars in general arnt) so you may have to drop it to 3.5k to get rid of it

what a silly post...

the car is worth what the market dictates...and that is £3.5k...

Clio 182 FF

what a silly post...

WTF are you talking about, why a silly post.
Laura has said the car is worth 4.5k which it is, but due to the current climate cars are selling for less, which she quite rightly said 3.5k.
so whats silly about that may i ask?

so she basically put what you have put but abit more long winded.

what a silly post...

WTF are you talking about, why a silly post.
Laura has said the car is worth 4.5k which it is, but due to the current climate cars are selling for less, which she quite rightly said 3.5k.
so whats silly about that may i ask?

so she basically put what you have put but abit more long winded.

:rolleyes:

are you aware of what the term 'worth' actually means...?

it means value...so the cars value is dictated by the market...and the market values it at £3.5k

The car is WORTH £4.5k but the market is dictating people to sell BELOW what it's worth for £3.5k.

Black 182 FF
It all depends what someone is willing to pay and with those kind of miles I'd be suprised if you got £4k at the moment - it just isn't worth it when you can get ones with more miles on for that kind of amount.

Black 182 FF
The car is WORTH £4.5k but the market is dictating people to sell BELOW what it's worth for £3.5k.

I know what you're trying to say - but there's no way a 172 with 70k+ on is worth £4500, especially one that needs taxing and another £115 spent on it almost immediately - doesn't mean someone wont pay it though.

Having been shopping around for a 172 or 182 recently there's many dealers with ones with 30k and 40k on selling for £5k and £4500 - that seems to be the top end of the market for a 172.

With the credit crunch and the new taxation classes (and the rise we'll see) then all 1*2's are going down and worth less - that's just the way it is. Pricess will bottom out somewhere, but they're not exclusive enough to keep top money when there's so much choice.

Last edited:
I love rclio2006, he only comes on here to say how much things won't sell for.

I'd go with about 4k, but as said maybe take a touch less if you want to sell it sharpish.