ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what is this?

clio 182
what is this for?

SDC10078.jpg

clio 182
i bought the car and it was missing so is there any problems that would cause with me not having 1?
thanx for the quick reply guys

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Not really, some people take it off to save weight (not that it weighs that much), or to make oil changes easier, i'd say it's better to have one as if you do have a front end impact it protects your fuel rail from splitting and setting the car on fire, but people that run throttle bodies don't use them because that's where they go, so it's up to you really but essentially it's just a big chunk of metal held on by two bolts.

clio 182
thanx i was hoping that was the case but the fuel rail has an open valve but i take it the guard doesnt deal with that problem?
i know i sound like the king of newbies but i only got the car a few days ago.

clio 182
ok well thats 1 less thing to hurt my wallet now just need to sort the other few things and its all good
thanx for the help dave very much appreciated