ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this...

Clio 172/Lotus Elise
u6utybyt.jpg

uqa8ymyh.jpg

And why is it making an awful buzzing noise.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's the internal air temp/fan assembly for the A/C system.

The noise is common on this type and a good clean out and lube of the fan shaft will shut it up

Bug

Megane rs250
Mine makes the buzzing noise also not sure what it is but get an ehaust you'll soon forget about it

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
As MicKPM has said. Its the Climate Control Temp Sensor. If you remove it the Computer wont know the temp inside the car and the Flap that moves to mix Hot/Cold will get stuck on hot or cold.

What you need to do it take it out, Pop off the cap where the wires are, Then Gently Pry the motor assembly out.
I found that if i use a small flat head screw driver and push the red rubber up to remove the fan works a treat.

Once its out give it a clean, then use some Grease or WD40 and put the Lube down the hole on the back of the fan where the shaft goes.

Put it all back together and then you will find its Much better.

You will find if you use WD40 it may start buzzing again within a couple of weeks, But its a 5 min job to cure it.

Clio 172/Lotus Elise
Lovely ! Thanks, will get it sorted along with the cable tie round the heater cog done later.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I don't know how you can mess this up tbh.

You remove it, take out the motor and grease the shaft and put it all back together

No more buzzing.

I will do a new guide for people to read later