ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this spring rate?

turbo 182
I ordered my Ast coilovers to have a spring rate of 450 front and rear I know the front are 80kg which work out at 456 lb but the rear have this written on the rear spring 200-70-51

Will that be 70kg and 399 lb?

Also if that is correct surely a stiffer front is bad and will in-courage under steer?
Also
It isn't what I've ordered

Help from suspension gurus would be great
@NorthloopCup etc

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
They're 70n springs mate, so 400lb's there or there abouts. This is how you read them:
200 = length in mm
70 = rate in Newtons
51 = internal diameter

He did the same to me so I told him I was going to drive down and shoot him. It was resolved!!

You'll be fine on the 70's at the back mate tbh as your now on a coilover rear, so the motion ratio is 1:1. The front being stiffer than the rear won't create understeer as its only a small difference in rates.

turbo 182
Thanks for clearing that up mark, might just have to have the rear damping stiffer
Than on the front, will see how it goes
On track at the end of the Month

I've only Just realised now that the rears were 70 and not the 80's they SHOULD have been, the blokes a big let down tbh, messes numberous people around

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
You ordered these just after Christmas did'nt you?
Over 4 month to get a set of coilovers and they are wrong to the order 😞 it's not very good for the amount they cost.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You ordered these just after Christmas did'nt you?
Over 4 month to get a set of coilovers and they are wrong to the order 😞 it's not very good for the amount they cost.
I got mine just before one Christmas and it took over 4 months to get the outstanding items I needed............ Honestly mate, it's such a shame he's a total bellend to deal with as he seriously let's the product down. For as long as my arsehole points to the floor I'll NEVER deal with him again.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
You would think AST would want someone better to sell their product.
I would love a set (maybe a bit out of my price) but the way people are treated just puts me right off even trying to save more money for them.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You would think AST would want someone better to sell their product.
I would love a set (maybe a bit out of my price) but the way people are treated just puts me right off even trying to save more money for them.
Yeah too right! @Cub. is getting a set from j-tech as they're an authorised dealer. No hassle either.

They're an epic bit of kit mate - I love mine so don't be put off thinking that you only have 1 option.

turbo 182
As said, I'm getting a set, but luckily the guys around the corner who work on mine are AST authorised dealers so straight to the factory for me.

3 weeks from order to fitted they say. I'm hoping to order end of this month :smile:
Wish I new this back in December LOL