ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this pipe for?

PH1 172 Sport
As title what is the pipe circled in red for and where does it go as there doesn't seem to be one in my PH1 the outlet on the manifold is there but its got a cover on it.

DSC00060-1.jpg

Ph1
Other end connects to the injector rail right??

Mines a late spec ph1 and for some reason never had one on either :S

Thought this was just a fuel breather pipe or is that what a accustic valve actually is ?? :S :eek:

Lots of Alfas
I didnt think ph1s had acoustic valves. Mines got that pipe going into the fuel rail, as above i thought it was some sort of breather. Ive never seen another ph1 172 with the pipe fitted though..

172 Race Car
caister is your phase 1 a Y plate? twin lambda sensor one?

wondering if its only on the early phase 1's coz Russ has a Y plate and Andyman says his was a late spec.

my W plate has it

172 Race Car
i reckon its only on the early phase 1's then (pre 2001 eobd)

and the phase 2's for the acoustic valves

PH1 172 Sport
Mines a Y reg too. As long as others have it blocked off. I assume there would be no benefits to connecting it??

Ph1
Mines a Y reg aswell.

Its 100% not a acoustic valve. Ph1's never had acoustic valves fitted and the other end of the pipe should be on the end of the fuel rail if i remember rightly.

Pretty sure its just a breather hence its little importance when they decided to leave it off the later ones of the same model

RB 182 cup
Mines a Y reg aswell.

Pretty sure its just a breather hence its little importance when they decided to leave it off the later ones of the same model

its not a breather as its after the throttle body so is a vacuum pipe and must be sealed to prevent poor running

ClioSport 172 Cup
It connects to the fast idle valve responsible for your automatic 1500rpm at cold to warm the engine up. At least on the ph2 i found it connected to a fast idle valve, its bolted on the side of the acoustic valve and has a 2 pin connector going to it.

Samuel

ClioSport 172 Cup
It connects to the fast idle valve responsible for your automatic 1500rpm at cold to warm the engine up. At least on the ph2 i found it connected to a fast idle valve, its bolted on the side of the acoustic valve and has a 2 pin connector going to it.

Samuel

ITB'd MK1

Samuel

lol, just no.

the accoustic valve doesn't have anything to do with fast idle, that's actuated by the throttle body (on the ph2). Accoustic valve is just a noise limiting device