ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this for on the windscreen>...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 exclusive no 172
IMG_0204.jpg

Im not sure what it is, rectangle which is a different colour to the window..also has gear locations above it ?

Looks like it is built in to the window:S

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've always thought they were for sat navs and and other devices,
as the uv coated windscreens won't let the signals out.

When I had a Mk5 Golf it had a little clear square sticker on the windscreen,
the dealer told me that was what is was for.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I was like Dave and thought to let gps signal through...but it is for the passes in France.

Clio 182
I too presumed it was for sat navs despite it being a little too low. Learn something every day!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Never noticed gear locations sticker though????

Strange.

BG182ff,explod Focus
It's the rain sensor for the auto wipers.

The rain sensor is at the top of the windscreen above the rear view mirror. This is at the bottom of the screen, the dash board and wiper is a give away ;)

As already stated, it's for devices like toll passes but also works well as a portal for a RDS-TMC antenna on a sat-nav as the coating on the screen attenuates the signal.

Ph2 172
As above it's just a part of the windscreen that doesn't have the coating. I assume France is the same as here in Australia where charges for toll roads are done electronically through a tag. The screen coating blocks the signal.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Sensor for lights and rain is otherside of the piece above mirror. If you look on outside at top of winscreen...its there. With engine on, cover it with your hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.